Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

I can't buy Assets from the AssetStore, Paypal or credit card.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Sero1376, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Sero1376

Sero1376

Hey there,
    I tried buying two Assets, but for some reason I always got an error, eventhough the payment via paypal worked last time I tried.

Now after many trials (Different browser, clean the payment methods and readd them, reverify paypal etc.) it still failed. I now tried using a credit card and now the payment was going through but the error page still showed up.

Looking at my credit card's billing history the payment actually went through and now I got no assets and 25$ less.

Why is they payment processing so bad? I'm from germany and my local settings are also set to it. This was all done on a browser, because you can't buy assets via the editor anymore.

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

It really is baffling: normally companies pay a lot of attention to the place where they make revenue, and yet I've been unable to buy assets from Unity since 2017... and every attempt at fixing it led to nothing so I finally just gave up.

3. Vuilbaard

Vuilbaard

Got the same issue, and Unity themselves do not seem to care, maybe it is because the assets are on sale?