Search Unity

Question I cannot get interior lighting right in unity (HDRP baked lighting)...Good tutorial?

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by lukerack, Mar 11, 2022.

1. lukerack

lukerack

If any of you can point me in the direction for complete beginner...I would greatly appreciate it.

I am skilled in Blender, and I am move assets over to unity that I have created.

If I used a premade HDRP sample scene, I can move my assets in there and they look perfect. All the lighting is perfectly done in the sample scene, but I have literally no idea what I am looking at in unity. I do not understand how any of this works. I get the the idea behind lightmapping and I have tried setting objects to static, and baking them...but the scene is SO DARK, and I have like 10 point lights with intensity set to 80,000!!

I don't get it...

I also don't know anything about the setting of the light environment or what it should be...I'm just really a noob, and I need advanced in-depth help to get a scene ready for assets to be placed in it and to hit "generate lighting" and it's going to look good...

This is interior office scene. No skybox being used.

Materials will be some static and some reflections

I appreciate any help.

2. koirat

koirat

Mandatory starting point:

3. lukerack

lukerack

Thank you. Will this video tell me everything I need to know (like a beginner can understand)? I feel like I watched this video before but it was all about exterior lighting...

4. koirat

koirat

If your scene is dark than you have something wrong with the exposure.

5. lukerack

lukerack

okay, thanks!