Search Unity

I cannot get a particular sprite item after slice in Sprite Editor

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Kirill_1984, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Kirill_1984

Kirill_1984

Hello! My question is that I try to use Sprite Editor to slice a particular spritesheet and everything seems to work fine, but in the end I get a ribbon of sliced items (an arrow opens them on the right from the original spritesheet) each of which I cannot delete anyhow (I get some empty (wrong) sprites and have no idea how to delete them). Also I cannot copy those items from the ribbon anywhere which seems a bit of strange to me (as I got them sliced and it feels like I should have got them saved in a folder somehow). I do appreciate any replies on this topic. I am only a novice for Unity3D. Thanks in advance.

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

You should be able to to delete them in the Sprite Editor. And no, you can't copy those items; they are not independent files, but merely sprites identified within the sprite sheet. However, you also don't need to copy them. Just use them wherever you need to — for example, drag them into the Sprite property of a UI.Image on a Canvas, or drag them into the scene to create an object with a SpriteRenderer, referencing that particular sprite.

3. Kirill_1984

Kirill_1984

JoeStrout, thank you very much for your reply. Now I get the idea. I just used automatic slicing and it got some bad results (like an empty, odd sprite item on the ribbon). May be it was due to a bad quality of the spritesheet I used as an original file in the editor.

JoeStrout likes this.