Search Unity

I can not work on any projects since the last Unity Hub Update (2.2.0 AND 2.2.1)

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by kbm, Dec 1, 2019.

1. kbm

kbm

I was unable to open or work on any of my projects for the past 5 or so days.
    The issues with the latest Unity Hub updates have been posted in numerous threads here, still no working solution.
    I have opened a support ticket 4 days ago as a paying (Plus) customer, no response as of yet.
    This is my support request:

Hello, I can not open my project via Unity Hub 2.2.0 anymore.
    Everytime I start it, Unity starts to open, then immediately closes and goes back to the Hub. The message "Unity is already in list. You cannot locate the same version" appears briefly.

I already did this:
    Completely uninstall all Unity versions
    Completely uninstall Unity Hub
    Clean old Unity installation files, even from the windows registry.

My OS is: Windows 10 64-bit

I am losing valuable time because I literally can not work on anything.

Please, can some Unity Dev take this on and help us, there seem to be a lot of people affected by this...

/startrant

I have grown really frustrated in the past couple of years, to be honest: I have been paying for Unity Plus/Pro subscriptions since 2014 and really do not want to switch engines, I actually LIKE Unity (most of the time), but: Unity seems to be going the way of Evernote, meaning: A company that has been seeing enormous growth based on their one killer app, but they keep on focusing on the wrong things.
    How can it be that Unity keeps on announcing all this fancy bullsh** every other month that no one really cares about other than investors, all this AR/VR/fancy stuff, but still there are so many bugs with their core product.
    Still, Unity Hub has been more or less broken for years, Unity Collab (which I heavily rely on) has been broken for years, projects go out of sync super often. The Editor feels more clunky with every update. So incredibly many half-baked features that just seem to be abandoned after they were advertised as "the new thing in Unity 20XX.YY"..

/endrant

Anywaays,
    I really need help. Can't open any Unity projects anymore. Can't work on anything for 5 days.

Minosoft likes this.
  2. ConAim

ConAim

Same here :(. The funny thing is it show 2 errors with blank descriptions.
    Uninstall Unity Hub and open directly from Unity 2019.2.14 work fine thought, so I expected there are some screw-up in the Hub itself>>> (may related to PATH issues, looking for git and/or trying to resolving packages).

3. kbm

kbm

Ah, thanks, uninstalling the Hub and directly installing Unity without the Hub didn't even occur to me for some reason..duh..will try that tomorrow!

4. mf_andreich

mf_andreich

Yep. HUB do something with environment... After update to 2.2.0 (2.2.1 too) I cant work with any project with git dependencies in packages. It dont see git in my system, but if I start editor without HUB all works fine...

ConAim likes this.
  5. joeksy

joeksy

Unity Technologies

Hi @kbm ,
    I would like to kindly ask for the issue ticket number, I will take a look over.
    Since this issue has not been hit during our internal testing, if there is a specific setup that may lead us to find the issue, it's much appreciated.
    Thanks for reporting the issue

6. mf_andreich

mf_andreich

https://forum.unity.com/threads/unityhub-2-2-0-miss-git-executable.785288/

Thats original thread with link to bug tracker.

joeksy likes this.
  7. screenname_taken

screenname_taken

The latest hub is simply broken. Too many different issues. Projects not opening, hub not opening, hub not able to install or uninstall editors... I had to downgrade Hub versions from someone else here in the forums that posted a previous version that he had saved in order to be able to install the editor.

mdrunk likes this.
  8. j-swan

j-swan

Sadly this is happening to me too. And then after I uninstalled and reinstalled, thinking it was the version, it keeps giving me the wrong android SDK/NDK and I can't build to my phone anymore. Basically wasted many hours and there's no solution. Simply unbelievable

9. aurelien-morel-ubiant

aurelien-morel-ubiant

@joeksy in your internal test, did you try with special characters in the app data path? I mean with special characters in windows account name used. I report a bug in another thread with this number
    And from what I saw during my investigation some bug are due to this.

10. joeksy

joeksy

Unity Technologies

I do admit we have missed this case and will be looking into it.
    Thanks for the information.

aurelien-morel-ubiant likes this.
  11. safaGH

safaGH

Unity Technologies

Hello guys ! We are aware of the issues you are mentioning and very sorry for the inconvenience. The hub team is working hard to address them all for the next release (2.3 it's very soon)... Thank you for your understanding...

12. MartijnGG

MartijnGG

For those hit by the double blank error log: temporary remove your user level environmental variable for PATHEXT.
    NOT the system level one, just the user level one.
    Restart the hub after this and things should work again.

mdrunk, mf_andreich and ConAim like this.
  13. ConAim

ConAim

Verified...
    yup... delete PATHEXT from user env. and proj. are starting to load correctly...

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    mdrunk likes this.
  14. dcolman

dcolman

mdrunk likes this.
  15. mf_andreich

mf_andreich

OMG! its also solve problem with not resolvable git! Thx man!!!

mdrunk and ConAim like this.