Search Unity

I can not post on forums - detected as spam

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by volcank, Jul 24, 2019.

1. volcank

volcank

Hi,

I am trying to post on Unity Asset Store Forums but it says

"Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator."

All I write there is an introduction message and a link to my asset at Asset Store.

Is this a bug? Thank you!

2. Ryiah

Ryiah

If I had to guess it's most likely the anti-spam system restricting you based on your post count.

volcank likes this.
  3. volcank

volcank

Hm the thing is I haven't posted for a long time and this is my first post that I try to post! Any suggestions? Should I log out and relogin? Thanks

4. Ryiah

Ryiah

I'd poke one of the moderators.

volcank likes this.
  5. volcank

volcank

Ok got it! Thank you!

6. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

I wouldn't poke us, since it hurts, and also we can't do anything as we have zero control over the forum software. We can approve messages in the moderation queue, though that doesn't require poking, but if it's not getting submitted at all, that's out of our hands.

--Eric

xVergilx, MadeFromPolygons and Ryiah like this.
  7. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

The software has become more restrictive due to the vast amounts spam. Links, especially multiple links don’t appear to go through for users with low post counts. Once you contributed/participate more, those restrictions lighten.

8. Antypodish

Antypodish

Just out of curiosity, how the spam filter applies to cases like this, #7 where user has only 2 posts and is able to post link? Is that because user has registered long time ago? Or because new rules changes don't apply to existing users?

Edit. Nvm, the original post I wanted to refer was removed. User had actually only one post, if I recall correctly.

9. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Honestly, I have no clue. I suspect no one does. I am fairly certain at the point the spam filter is self-aware and doesn't have the same agenda as the staff does. But I think largely most of the restrictions are on starting topics. I believe you can post some links, but if you are new, or have a low post count, starting threads with links is blocked. At least that is how it seems.

10. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Seems it's doing a better job recently, since no spam found for today. Or you have been busy removing the garbage already :)

11. Antypodish

Antypodish

There if fewer for one or other reason. But I still report 1-2 a day.

12. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Recently we added some new to words to look for, and it seems to have lightened the load a bit but it still comes in droves. We find some... but really there are about 4 members that are responsible for reporting like 90% of the spam around here... Thank you! ;)

13. Ryiah

Ryiah

Clearly the solution is to turn them into moderators and let them deal with it. :p

Peter77 and MadeFromPolygons like this.
  14. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

I report like 10+ spam per day (more today because spam bots are super eager today apparently) doing roughly 2-3 sweeps each day around morning, lunchtime and evening, and so that would count me.

And trust me , you DO NOT want me as a moderator!

The current mods do a great job already, dont let us ruffians tarnish that :D

15. +1

+1, you do not want me either. :D

+1

MadeFromPolygons likes this.