Search Unity

I built this city...

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Other Worlds, May 8, 2012.

1. Other Worlds

Other Worlds

...in a multiplayer game, from nothing. It was all bare grass before I got here. What do you all think?

2. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ

Its a start...but my first impression is nothing fits together... feels like the textures used a complete mismatch/mashup to each other.

3. SterDee

SterDee

Did you model and texture them all yourself

4. HolBol

HolBol

The grass texture and the actual grass is wayyy too green for that scene. Make it look a bit dryer, a more brown colour and maybe have some dusty-coloured fog. Would look much better.

5. Prion Games

Prion Games

Why is the grass taller than the player? LMAO I just thought it was funny, I am really tired though so...............

6. kalamona

kalamona

Throw a lightmap on it, and observe how suddenly everything looks 1000% better :)

7. Aztec

Aztec

Best title ever... I thought you were about to say. I built this city on rock n roll :D

8. Ricks

Ricks

That's the first thing which came to my mind when reading the title^

9. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

I would slow down the walk speed on the character controller...it appears he's sliding over the ground. The walk is a bit slower, but the physical movement forward is too fast for it. I think you've got a solid start.

10. Micah_Rogers

Micah_Rogers

Same I was going to upload a vid.. not any more :p

looks good! As a pokemon fan I would suggest you stay out of the tall grass. No but really I like the tall grass, can it be cut?

11. Other Worlds

Other Worlds

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

I think the point of the thread was missed somewhat, the game allows players to build a base Command and Conquer style, and all of these buildings were built using a resource-collection system and then placing the buildings according to the player's wishes.

I've not included a lightmap yet, but I will do, however as the buildings do not start in any predetermined place, I cannot use a lightmap on them.

12. Other Worlds

Other Worlds

This is the latest video, showcasing a bit of the Gauntlet mode. Opinions? :)