Search Unity

I am not able to import vuforia target image

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by Dinu777, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Dinu777

Dinu777

I tried to import vuforia target image but the import didn't show it in the file explorer, I tried to direct drag and drop but failed can anyone help me out with this

Silvedko likes this.
  2. theolagendijk

theolagendijk

Did you download your image target database as a .unitypackage? If so, simply (double click) open it to start importing the Image Target database in to your Unity project.

Attached Files:

Vuforia-Strasza likes this.
  3. ACEISHERE

ACEISHERE

I'm running into a problem importing image target. Everything seems to import. Image target textures are visible but the image target prefab isn't visible in Vuforia folder in unity. I had this problem in Unity 2017.3.0f. Installed latest unity patched editor from Vuforia website. Still have same problem. I have no idea what I could be doing wrong. Spent the entire weekend researching solutions to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4. theolagendijk

theolagendijk

Hi ACEISHERE,

Did you enable "Vuforia Augmented Reality Supported" under the "XR Settings" for your platform?
    If so, you can add the ImageTarget prefab by right clicking in your hierarchy view and selecting "Vuforia" and then "Image". This will import the prefab ( if not imported yet ) and add it to your scenes hierarchy.

Attached Files:

Kudzai likes this.
  5. ACEISHERE

ACEISHERE

HI and thank you for your reply. Augmented support is enabled in XR settings. I tried your suggestion. I added Image from hierarchy. I get an image object shown in scene hierarchy but when selected it is as if I selected an empty game object. Nothing is displayed in scene view or game view other than the xyz coordinate gizmo in scene view when image is selected in scene hierarchy.

6. ACEISHERE

ACEISHERE

Ok, now I'm getting different behavior but still not the desired result. Now when I select Image an object appears in scene hierarchy called Image Target but it defaults to the vuforia mars image which is cool and all but not the image I need. It shows up in scene view as well which is good. I played around with custom image but can't add an image because the database image is not included with the import. Only the textures come through and also some streaming assets are imported. I'm still lost. Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

7. ACEISHERE

ACEISHERE

Viola! Finally. Now suddenly I'm able to change the pre-defined database and select my image. Tried before but it wouldn't let me. Seems to be working now. Will try test build in a bit and see what else I run into. I probably would not have figured it out without your help. Thank you very much for your input.