Search Unity

I am not able to create a new BlendTree in state in the animator In Unity. Please Help.

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Suriname1990, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Suriname1990

Suriname1990

Hello there everyone. I am very new to game design and I am taking a course online for game development. I have come to this part of the course where I need to create a new BlendTree in state in the animator tab for my characters movement. I am just following what the video online shows me but something is wrong when I follow. I dragged my four created movement which are idle,walk, jump and turn. I am too drag the created movement into the animator section and then a box appears with the name of the movement. I see in the video that the person rights clicks on the box and chooses to create BlendTree in state and then a new tab appears with the name blend tree next to the base layer tab. When I try and create that same exact tab, it does not show up and nothing happens at all. Can someone please help so that I may proceed to keep learning my course. I do not have a clue. Thank you in advanced for any help that you can offer. It would be appreciated.

2. SoftwareGeezers

SoftwareGeezers

What video? I don't know about right-clicking boxes to add Blend Trees. You have to right-click in the Animator window on any level that isn't a Blend Tree. If you right-click inside a Blend Tree, nothing happens because nodes are added differently in Blend Trees.

In Animator window, right click. Add blend tree. Double click the Blend Tree to enter it.
    Image2.png
    In the blend tree, click the plus button to add clips to blend between.

Image3.png
    The Blend Tree layout is a bit misleading because the layout would have you think it operates the same way as the states. Blend Trees represent a leaf in the overall state machine, so you can't add layers/blend trees into it.

3. Suriname1990

Suriname1990

Sorry. The video that I am talking about is a video from a module that I am taking in one year online course for game development. It is only for a certificate when I complete. I did what you said though. I right clicked in the animator window, create state, and form new blend tree. After that I double clicked the blend tree box to enter blend tree mode. This is the correct way to do it right?

The instructor in the video did it another way that you do not seem to be familiar with. He dragged the animation to the animator windows, then he right clicked on one of the boxes and then clicked create new BlendTree in State similar to the picture below. When he did that a new window for BlendTree automatically opened. This did not work for me but what you instructed to do did work. Thank you for your help, and I know I will be back for more help. Any other tips would be awesome to make things easier if possible. Screenshot (5).png