Search Unity

Hypothetical Questions for the Masses

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by lapfire, Feb 29, 2012.

1. lapfire

lapfire

Hello! Due to the crash of my computer which had my current project saved on it, and the loss of the backups, I am searching far and wide to create a new type of project.

To me, creating video games is a casual process and a delicate one at the same time. You need to be precise when developing it, but you can still have a good time as well. I NEVER try to take myself too seriously and when I start a project, I try to make it something manageable. And this is where I come to you. So, friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears for just one moment.

I love puzzle games. I also love RPG games. So I was thinking - why not put the two together? Because I am still in the 'thinking' phase of this game I drew MS paint pictures. I refuse to use Photoshop or Gimp in my 'thinking' phase or else I end up trying to actually create the game instead of think about it. :)

$Battle Phase.png

This picture shows a view of a standard battle. The characters (3d) will stand at the top of the screen and face each other. They attack each other when a certain match is made, and then when your meter is full you can use your special power on the side of the screen.

$Icons.png

These are the possible matches that could be made in the grid.

$World Layout.png

And that final image shows the world map. You would move around Mario-Style there.

So I guess my final question is about this game. To be, or not to be?

2. GrimWare

GrimWare

Do it!

3. Trackpants

Trackpants

4. Jibidiah

Jibidiah

Puzzle Quest was fun when I played it!

oh, and that was what he was talking about. In my mind when he said puzzles, I thought he meant riddles.