Search Unity

1. Dismiss Notice
  2. We have added a sub-forum for DOTS Graphics. Please use the new space for related discussions.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Hybrid Renderer V2 (0.4.0)

Discussion in 'DOTS Graphics' started by SebastianAaltonen, Mar 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JussiKnuuttila

JussiKnuuttila

Unity Technologies

The shader is likely using 16-bit half floats for the color, for which the Hybrid Renderer currently has no special handling or automatic conversion. In the current version of Hybrid, you either have to switch the shader to use 32-bit floats, or you can try creating a custom color component that has the 16-bit conversions already done.

thelebaron likes this.
  2. thelebaron

thelebaron

I'm also getting inordinately high gpu memory use (almost maxing out my 1070) for what I consider to be a very low complexity scene, more akin to a low poly blockout so far than a real scene. Its a bit difficult to track down what the cause is, but is there some sort of high base usage with how hybridv2 works?

3. joelv

joelv

Unity Technologies

Currently we allocate way too much memory, a 128 MiB persistent GPU buffer and a whole bunch of upload buffers for that. You can reduce this amount by changing the size under Hybrid Renderer in the Player Settings.
    This manual configuration of buffer sizes will go away in the near future as we are now rewriting this system to allocate fewer and smaller buffers (first iteration) as well as dynamically scale buffer sizes depending on how much data the scene requires (second iteration).

4. Stroustrup

Stroustrup

hybrid renderer 2 does not and has never for me responded to realtime lights. is this a known issue on metal backends?

Attached Files:

5. peterbay

peterbay

Unity Technologies

If you're using URP, this is a known issue. It is happening because the per-object light data is not being provided by Hybrid V2, so local lights will not work with any backend. A solution is in the works, but I don't have an ETA at this moment. HDRP does not have this issue because it is using GPU-based light culling, and so it doesn't need the per-object light data that URP is depending on.

andywatts and Stroustrup like this.
  6. pahe

pahe

Question regarding the Hybrid Renderer as I'm getting a bit confused: We want to use the 2D Renderer to benefit from the 2D lighting system which is in the URP now. Is it possible to enable the Hybrid Renderer there as well? Or do we have to chose which renderer we are using? If so, is it planed that those are combined (and if there's a rough timeline, could you please tell me or a give a link to a roadmap)?

Thanks

ll3v3ll and Lars-Steenhoff like this.
  7. Stroustrup

Stroustrup

hehe must be annoying replying to the same question over and over again.
    saw it was posted earlier as well

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  8. tertle

tertle

Got a random seg fault which caused a unity crash from the hybrid renderer when exiting play mode

Code (CSharp):
    1. Stacktrace:
    3.   at <unknown> <0xffffffff>
    4.   at (wrapper managed-to-native) Unity.Collections.LowLevel.Unsafe.UnsafeUtility.Malloc (long,int,Unity.Collections.Allocator) [0x00009] in <9584de3444b542abbb1ad4bb43a7137f>:0
    5.   at Unity.Collections.AllocatorManager.TryLegacy (Unity.Collections.AllocatorManager/Block&) [0x0001b] in I:\Documents\BovineLabs\com.bovinelabs.shattered\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.collections@0.12.0-preview.13\Unity.Collections\AllocatorManager.cs:424
    6.   at Unity.Collections.AllocatorManager.Try (Unity.Collections.AllocatorManager/Block&) [0x00024] in I:\Documents\BovineLabs\com.bovinelabs.shattered\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.collections@0.12.0-preview.13\Unity.Collections\AllocatorManager.cs:450
    7.   at Unity.Collections.AllocatorManager.Allocate (Unity.Collections.AllocatorManager/AllocatorHandle,int,int,int) [0x0004a] in I:\Documents\BovineLabs\com.bovinelabs.shattered\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.collections@0.12.0-preview.13\Unity.Collections\AllocatorManager.cs:38
    8.   at Unity.Collections.LowLevel.Unsafe.UnsafeList.Realloc (int,int,int) [0x00019] in I:\Documents\BovineLabs\com.bovinelabs.shattered\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.collections@0.12.0-preview.13\Unity.Collections\UnsafeList.cs:283
    9.   at Unity.Collections.LowLevel.Unsafe.UnsafeList.SetCapacity (int,int,int) [0x00023] in I:\Documents\BovineLabs\com.bovinelabs.shattered\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.collections@0.12.0-preview.13\Unity.Collections\UnsafeList.cs:310
    10.   at Unity.Collections.LowLevel.Unsafe.UnsafeList..ctor (int,int,int,Unity.Collections.Allocator,Unity.Collections.NativeArrayOptions) [0x0002d] in I:\Documents\BovineLabs\com.bovinelabs.shattered\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.collections@0.12.0-preview.13\Unity.Collections\UnsafeList.cs:115
    11.   at Unity.Collections.LowLevel.Unsafe.UnsafeList`1<Unity.Rendering.HybridRendererSystem/BatchInfo/BatchProperty>..ctor (int,Unity.Collections.Allocator,Unity.Collections.NativeArrayOptions) [0x0002e] in I:\Documents\BovineLabs\com.bovinelabs.shattered\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.collections@0.12.0-preview.13\Unity.Collections\UnsafeList.cs:982
    12.   at Unity.Rendering.HybridRendererSystem.CreateBatchInfo (Unity.Rendering.HybridRendererSystem/BatchCreateInfo&,Unity.Collections.NativeArray`1<Unity.Entities.ArchetypeChunk>,int) [0x00058] in I:\Documents\BovineLabs\com.bovinelabs.shattered\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.rendering.hybrid@0.8.0-preview.19\Unity.Rendering.Hybrid\HybridV2RenderSystem.cs:2205
    13.   at Unity.Rendering.HybridRendererSystem.AddNewBatch (Unity.Rendering.HybridRendererSystem/BatchCreateInfo&,Unity.Entities.ComponentTypeHandle`1<Unity.Rendering.HybridChunkInfo>&,Unity.Collections.NativeArray`1<Unity.Entities.ArchetypeChunk>,int) [0x00097] in I:\Documents\BovineLabs\com.bovinelabs.shattered\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.rendering.hybrid@0.8.0-preview.19\Unity.Rendering.Hybrid\HybridV2RenderSystem.cs:2497
    14.   at Unity.Rendering.HybridRendererSystem.AddNewChunks (Unity.Collections.NativeArray`1<Unity.Entities.ArchetypeChunk>) [0x0013a] in I:\Documents\BovineLabs\com.bovinelabs.shattered\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.rendering.hybrid@0.8.0-preview.19\Unity.Rendering.Hybrid\HybridV2RenderSystem.cs:2167
    15.   at Unity.Rendering.HybridRendererSystem.UpdateAllBatches (Unity.Jobs.JobHandle) [0x00275] in I:\Documents\BovineLabs\com.bovinelabs.shattered\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.rendering.hybrid@0.8.0-preview.19\Unity.Rendering.Hybrid\HybridV2RenderSystem.cs:1857
    16.   at Unity.Rendering.HybridRendererSystem.UpdateHybridV2Batches (Unity.Jobs.JobHandle) [0x00177] in I:\Documents\BovineLabs\com.bovinelabs.shattered\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.rendering.hybrid@0.8.0-preview.19\Unity.Rendering.Hybrid\HybridV2RenderSystem.cs:1453
    17.   at Unity.Rendering.HybridRendererSystem.OnUpdate (Unity.Jobs.JobHandle) [0x0004b] in I:\Documents\BovineLabs\com.bovinelabs.shattered\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.rendering.hybrid@0.8.0-preview.19\Unity.Rendering.Hybrid\HybridV2RenderSystem.cs:1484
    18.   at Unity.Entities.JobComponentSystem.Update () [0x00067] in I:\Documents\BovineLabs\com.bovinelabs.shattered\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.entities@0.14.0-preview.19\Unity.Entities\JobComponentSystem.cs:130
    19.   at Unity.Entities.ComponentSystemGroup.UpdateAllSystems () [0x000b4] in I:\Documents\BovineLabs\com.bovinelabs.shattered\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.entities@0.14.0-preview.19\Unity.Entities\ComponentSystemGroup.cs:513
    20.   at Unity.Entities.ComponentSystemGroup.OnUpdate () [0x00016] in I:\Documents\BovineLabs\com.bovinelabs.shattered\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.entities@0.14.0-preview.19\Unity.Entities\ComponentSystemGroup.cs:461
    21.   at Unity.Entities.ComponentSystem.Update () [0x0005e] in I:\Documents\BovineLabs\com.bovinelabs.shattered\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.entities@0.14.0-preview.19\Unity.Entities\ComponentSystem.cs:107
    22.   at Unity.Entities.ScriptBehaviourUpdateOrder/DummyDelegateWrapper.TriggerUpdate () [0x00018] in I:\Documents\BovineLabs\com.bovinelabs.shattered\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.entities@0.14.0-preview.19\Unity.Entities\ScriptBehaviourUpdateOrder.cs:333
    23.   at (wrapper runtime-invoke) object.runtime_invoke_void__this__ (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) [0x00020] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0
    25. =================================================================
    26. Got a SIGSEGV while executing native code. This usually indicates
    27. a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
    28. used by your application.
    29. =================================================================
    It might have to do with burst being off when I entered play mode, but I turned it on a second before exiting play mode; that said the crash doesn't really seem to point to that.

Unity: 2020.2.0b2
    Hybrid Renderer: 0.8.0-preview.19
    Burst: 1.4.0p4

-edit-

Actually I can repo this. I don't think it's hybrid renderer specific, think it's be trying to deallocate a bunch of NavMeshQuery in OnDestroy, but they are auto being disposed for some reason which is corrupting everything else somehow.

Can probably ignore this.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  9. itsarjunsinh

itsarjunsinh

Could you share your overall experience working with URP and DOTS? What roadblocks did you face? I'm evaluating whether I should use that stack.

10. pahe

pahe

Maybe this could be interesting for you:
    The different renderers are causing problems as they cancel each other out it seems. So it depends a lot on which feature set you want to use later, so you can then choose your renderer.

But an official response to that would also be interesting, maybe I'm wrong in this case (and I simply didn't got it working). @peterbay @joelv

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
    itsarjunsinh likes this.
  11. Cell-i-Zenit

Cell-i-Zenit

I have the problem that when i exit playmode the objects are not cleaned up. On entering playmode again, unity will crash.

The workflow is currently like this: programm some stuff, enter playmode, verify if it works, exit playmode, restart unity.

Its really slow and annoying, so can i have an eta on how far this fix is developed/planned to get developed? I currently just stopped working on this project because it doesnt make sense. I also dont think iam the only one with this problem

12. No3371

No3371

Would you consider make the private systems public so that the package would be compatible with custom world?
    Or provide a way to add those to any
    World
    :D

13. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

@Cell-i-Zenit @tertle do you have a project folder that reproduces this issue you can share via bug reporter?
    We are not aware or able to reproduce such a problem at this point.

14. No3371

No3371

I can confirm this issue exists, would you help me take a look on any Camera component in your project? Does it looks like this (old style):
    upload_2020-9-18_16-59-16.png

or looks like this (new):
    upload_2020-9-18_17-0-30.png

I can't figure out which but it seems some package is reverting the camera, the same crash happens to this project I have, and not in new clean projects.

In my case it's always crashing at entering play mode second time.

15. Cell-i-Zenit

Cell-i-Zenit

My camera looks like this:

EDIT: i deleted the camera and then created it again, still same error, but the camera didnt change from the layout, so iam still stuck on the "old" camera?

EDIT2: (Case 1278858)

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  16. No3371

No3371

So I created a new project and install every packages all from package manager (so all packages fresh
    It seems that fixes it, I moved all old assets into the project and it works fine now... (shrug

17. Cell-i-Zenit

Cell-i-Zenit

I will try to "restart" from scratch next weekend and see if it works. Apparently its not reproducable for the support team :<

18. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

Any ETA on Hybrid Renderer supporting DXR? It's not even marked on current docs HDRP feature chart.

19. joelv

joelv

Unity Technologies

Support is currently not planned for the near future. This is the estimated plan that the DXR team is working towards https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qz-G9jMCqKaJ0qomdgX3wOu7rGBngJgjEzqjuQaHEiA/edit Hybrid renderer (in the way of BatchRendererGroup) will be entered in this plan once it has stabilized a bit more.

rz_0lento likes this.
  20. Opeth001

Opeth001

do you guys have a plan to support Hybrid Renderer V2 on Mobile devices ?

21. SebastianAaltonen

SebastianAaltonen

Unity Technologies

Yes. We intend to support all iOS Metal and Android Vulkan devices. So far we have been testing with two generations of Android Qualcomm GPUs and two generations of Android ARM GPUs. Both have been working fine and the performance is significantly better compared to HRV1. Customers have been reported iOS devices working starting from iPhone 6s. We intend to have full CI support for all mobile devices to ensure that they remain compatible.

Currently there is no GLES support in HRV2, meaning that we can support the lastest 5 generations of Android flagship devices and the latest 7 generations of iOS devices. The plans regarding to HRV2 GLES support are still open. If older GLES devices are an important target market for your DOTS game, please let us know.

deus0, Opeth001, Jes28 and 2 others like this.
  22. optimise

optimise

Is there any plan to further improve Hybrid Renderer beyond data collection to render ECS entities and eventually becomes hybrid render pipeline. I would like to have DOTS hybrid URP and HDRP render pipeline that can extend and disable features easily. It will as easy as just comment the ComponentSystemGroup to disable certain features and create new custom system to extend new features. If I remember correctly, in future will have system grouping feature that is better than ComponentSystemGroup called Feature.

23. optimise

optimise

Yes. Our DOTS game needs to support older GLES devices.

Opeth001 and deus0 like this.
  24. Opeth001

Opeth001

Based on the distribution of Android OS versions, we have decided to support all Android devices from Android 6.0 and some of them still do not support Vulkan.
    in our case the only downside to this decision is the hybrid renderer package, when we leave the graphics API to Auto in general we have a stable 30 FPS for low / mid-end devices, but when we force Vulkan usage, some of them become unstable and others gain a lot of performance.

1) what approach do you advise us ?
    2) are you guys planning to support both Hybrid Renderers V1 and V2 and give the possibility to switch at runtime ?
    3) it's maybe better for us to ship multiple versions to Google Play, with Hybrid Renderer V2/V1 ?

Distribution of Android OS versions:
    Android 4.0 “Ice Cream Sandwich” (15) 0.2%
    Android 4.1 “Jelly Bean” (16) 0.6%
    Android 4.2 “Jelly Bean” (17) 0.8%
    Android 4.3 “Jelly Bean” (18) 0.3%
    Android 4.4 “KitKat” (19) 4%
    Android 5.0 “Lollipop” (21) 1.8%
    Android 5.1 “Lollipop” (22) 7.4%
    Android 6.0 “Marshmallow” (23) 11.2% // we start here
    Android 7.0 “Nougat” (24) 7.5%
    Android 7.1 “Nougat” (25) 5.4%
    Android 8.0 “Oreo” (26) 7.3%
    Android 8.1 “Oreo” (27) 14%
    Android 9 “Pie” (28) 31.3%
    Android 10 (29) 8.2%

25. Hysparions

Hysparions

Hello !
    Just upgraded to 2020.2 with the current Setup :
    Hybrid Version 0.8.0
    URP v 10.0

I have a problem with the entities using a lit shader. GameObjects are rendered without problem using the materials, but when it comes to the entities, the material doesn't render the lambert lighting from my shaders and the light output is black. This is a Strange Issue:

I've got this message :
    A Hybrid Renderer V2 batch is using a pass from the shader "Shader Graphs/ToonExterior", which is not SRP batcher compatible. Only SRP batcher compatible passes are supported with the Hybrid Renderer.
    I checked the SRP compatible field on the shader, with says that the shader is compatible

I try not to use Hybrid renderer V2 by removing the macro ENABLE_HYBRID_RENDERER_V2, but my entities are not rendered anymore… So i'm a bit stuck

Any hints?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
    deus0 likes this.
  26. Stroustrup

Stroustrup

this screen with vga font overlays the game window sometimes. not sure what's that about

Attached Files:

27. Skjalg

Skjalg

Are there any news on lightmap support for URP ?

28. joelv

joelv

Unity Technologies

This seems to come from the HDRP debug display. It might be with reporting a bug if it keeps happening. It should not be related to hybrid rendering.

29. joelv

joelv

Unity Technologies

All code for this has landed.
    Versions needed:
    Unity 2020.2
    Hybrid Renderer V2 0.10 will support lightmaps but not GI probes, 0.11 will support both
    Graphics packages scheduled for release soon.

EDIT: seems this was delayed and will land in hybrid rendering 0.11

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
    thelebaron and Timboc like this.
  30. JussiKnuuttila

JussiKnuuttila

Unity Technologies

How are you setting the material properties for the entities? Hybrid Renderer supports setting them via MaterialProperty components on the entities, or setting them on the Material itself via the inspector. Setting things on the Material at run time using various Set methods might not work with Hybrid Renderer.

Hysparions likes this.
  31. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

This is indeed HDRP debug mode. You can toggle it on and off by hitting both gamepad thumbstick buttons at once. I don't know if it works on actual shipping builds or only in development builds. Like mentioned before, this isn't hybrid renderer feat. On newer HDRP versions you can turn this feature off from HDRP Asset -> Rendering -> Runtime Debug Display but I'm not sure if this checkbox is present in currently released versions, I do know it does exist at least on bleeding edge versions directly from github.

32. Krajca

Krajca

When I convert my object to an entity, even a simple cube, I'm getting this error:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. A Hybrid Renderer V2 batch is using the shader "Universal Render Pipeline/Lit", but the shader is either not compatible with Hybrid Renderer V2, is missing the DOTS_INSTANCING_ON variant, or there is a problem with the DOTS_INSTANCING_ON variant.
    Are there solutions for that?
    I'm using the latest URP and HR with unity 2020.2.0b7

33. brunocoimbra

brunocoimbra

Don't use the default material, create a new default one for your project with the GPU Instancing checkbox enabled.

Krajca likes this.
  34. Krajca

Krajca

That doesn't help.

35. brunocoimbra

brunocoimbra

are you sure? the error is very explicit about that, and I can easily replicate that on my side

36. Krajca

Krajca

Any other ideas?
    upload_2020-10-16_20-37-44.png

37. brunocoimbra

brunocoimbra

same setup, working fine (2020.2b7, HR 0.8, URP 10.0.0-preview26)

upload_2020-10-16_17-7-24.png

38. Krajca

Krajca

Strange. In a new project, it works fine. Thank you for your help.
    Any clue what's wrong with the original one?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  39. brunocoimbra

brunocoimbra

maybe another 3d object in the scene is causing the warning? also, did you try to reset the library already?

40. Krajca

Krajca

I found an answer. It was 2D Renderer for 2D lights.

brunocoimbra likes this.
  41. pahe

pahe

Did you found a solution to the problem then? I would also like to use the 2D Renderer, but haven't found out how to use it together with the Hybrid Renderer (if possible at all).

ll3v3ll likes this.
  42. Krajca

Krajca

I just switch to a basic forward renderer as using 2d lights isn't my priority right now. Sadly I don't know if 2D Renderer is already compatible with Hybrid Renderer.

pahe likes this.
  43. anihilnine

anihilnine

My entities with LODs are not switching mesh - unless I wiggle the camera transform in Scene View.

I am using:
    hybridRenderer2 from 0.8.0-preview.18
    HDRP from 9.0.0-preview.54
    Entities from 0.14.0-preview.19

First I created a new gameobject with oldschool monobehavior LOD with two levels of details. I added a script to move the gameobject away from the camera - the LOD switches as expected.

Then I take the gameobject and move it into a subscene. It gets converted to entities and they have the right looking components like LODRequirements and MeshLODComponent etc. Just like I did earlier with monobehaviors, I wrote a system to move the entity away from the camera. When the system loads it correctly chooses the mesh to render. However when the entity moves away from the camera it does not switch the mesh.

Here is the kicker: if I select the camera in the heirarchy and move the camera by increasing position.Y, the entity DOES switch mesh after a small pause.
    It's like LOD mesh switching only occurs on camera movement, not on the Entity movement.

Is LODS + Subscene Authoring + HDRP meant to be working at the moment?

Thanks

44. Skjalg

Skjalg

Thank you! That's really good to hear :)

Right now it seems like Hybrid Renderer is at version 0.8 and you are talking about 0.10 and 0.11. Do you know when those versions will come out? I am guessing the jump to 0.10 is because of the 2020.2 requirement or something?

Is it possible to test right away somehow?

pahe likes this.
  45. joelv

joelv

Unity Technologies

I think 0.10 is scheduled for release the 27th and 0.11 about three weeks after that. We are part of the dots release train in this. No idea regarding early access or why versions is they way it is sorry.

pahe and cultureulterior like this.
  46. BigRookGames

BigRookGames

I'm experiencing an unusual issue when updating one of the projects I'm working on. I have been working with v2 in other projects without issues, so I am familiar with the setup process, but this project seems to have issues when the post-processing effects are enabled.
    You can see in this video clip what the issue looks like, and then when it is disabled. It also shows the errors that pop up upon starting Unity. I just restarted it before recording that segment.

It happens right after upgrading to HDRP 9.0.0-preview.54
    I copied my project prior to upgrading and went through the upgrade process twice with the same results. It looks like this after it updates the materials when upgrading to HDRP 9 stated above.

Any idea what might be causing this? I tried going through and disabling all post-processing effects but didn't seem to appear any different. It only looks normal when disabling the PP layer in the scene window.
    The game window looks the same (UI elements are fine though)

(just noticed the video cut off the section of the screen that shows the mouse disabling PP from the scene view bar toggle options. Initially, everything is enabled in the toggle list, and at 7 seconds I disable only the Post Processing element. Then I re-enable it later in the video to return to the problem)

The issue is also present in a brand new scene in the project. I've tried deleting the HDRP (Core, HD, and HD-config), Hybrid, Burst, folders from the package cache, and restarting the project, but didn't have any effect.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  47. anihilnine

anihilnine

I get this hybrid renderer error when I delete an entity that has LOD.

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index {0} is out of range of '{1}' Length.
    Thrown from job: Unity.Rendering.SimpleCullingJob

To create my entity, I am using a normal game object with gameobject-style LOD, then I am converting it over using

GameObjectConversionUtility.ConvertGameObjectHierarchy(Prefab, settings)

Here is the error without Burst:

IndexOutOfRangeException: Index 4 is out of range of '4' Length.
    Unity.Collections.NativeArray`1[T].FailOutOfRangeError (System.Int32 index) (at <49f4e7e791cc4fffacd88f729e2b1e4c>:0)
    Unity.Collections.NativeArray`1[T].CheckElementReadAccess (System.Int32 index) (at <49f4e7e791cc4fffacd88f729e2b1e4c>:0)
    Unity.Collections.NativeArray`1[T].get_Item (System.Int32 index) (at <49f4e7e791cc4fffacd88f729e2b1e4c>:0)
    Unity.Rendering.SimpleCullingJob.Execute (Unity.Entities.ArchetypeChunk archetypeChunk, System.Int32 chunkIndex, System.Int32 firstEntityIndex) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.rendering.hybrid@0.8.0-preview.18/Unity.Rendering.Hybrid/HybridV2Culling.cs:344)
    Unity.Entities.JobChunkExtensions+JobChunkProducer`1[T].ExecuteInternal (Unity.Entities.JobChunkExtensions+JobChunkWrapper`1[T]& jobWrapper, Unity.Jobs.LowLevel.Unsafe.JobRanges& ranges, System.Int32 jobIndex) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.14.0-preview.18/Unity.Entities/IJobChunk.cs:363)
    Unity.Entities.JobChunkExtensions+JobChunkProducer`1[T].Execute (Unity.Entities.JobChunkExtensions+JobChunkWrapper`1[T]& jobWrapper, System.IntPtr additionalPtr, System.IntPtr bufferRangePatchData, Unity.Jobs.LowLevel.Unsafe.JobRanges& ranges, System.Int32 jobIndex) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.14.0-preview.18/Unity.Entities/IJobChunk.cs:337)

I have tried doing the delete at different times, on BeginSimulation, EndSimulation, on the main thread. Nothing worked. Edit: Disabling the entities also does not work

It looks like HybridRenderer is doing some caching or calculation step that cannot tolerate an Entity being deleted at any point in time.

Hey @linfuqing it looks like in the previous page you had a similar error. Were you also deleting a lodded entity? How did you resolve it?

Does anyone have any advice? Thankyou!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
    nobeerleft and Green127 like this.
  48. JussiKnuuttila

JussiKnuuttila

Unity Technologies

You mentioned that the issue is present in new scenes as well, does this also apply to pure GameObject scenes, or does it only happen in scenes with DOTS entities and Hybrid Renderer?

49. JussiKnuuttila

JussiKnuuttila

Unity Technologies

Would it be possible for you to try upgrading to 2020.2 and HDRP 10 instead of HDRP 9? The recommendation seems to be to prefer HDRP 10 instead of HDRP 9, especially with the Hybrid Renderer.

BigRookGames likes this.
  50. BigRookGames

BigRookGames

When upgrading the project, there was no ECS implementation, so it was a pure GameObject scene. I never got to the point where I uploaded the new DOTS stuff to it.

Yes, I can try to use HDRP 10 and see if that makes a difference. I'll try that now.

Have you seen this issue before?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
unityunity