Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Hybrid Renderer Package (Entities preview 23)

Discussion in 'Entity Component System and C# Job system' started by Draveler, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Draveler

Draveler

I've noticed that the rendering stuff that was bundled into previous versions of the Entities package has been spun-off into a new Hybrid Renderer package. I realize that documentation is sparse, here, but does anybody know where I might find some info on this new package?

2. MostHated

MostHated

The only thing really I have seen was the notes on here.

https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/EntityComponentSystemSamples/blob/master/ReleaseNotes.md

Much of the rendering logic has been moved to a separate package called Hybrid Renderer (com.unity.rendering.hybrid). So in custom projects you are likely to need to now add the Hybrid Renderer in the Package Manager window.
    • Note especially that the MeshInstanceRenderer component has been renamed to RenderMesh, and is part of the new Hybrid Renderer package.

Probably just a google search might be the best bet, then maybe filter it to this forum (usually faster than searching through the actual forum itself, I have found), or perhaps there might even be some personal blogs or something. I didn't look too terribly much. Hopefully, there is more out there than just that, lol.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    GliderGuy and t-kawase like this.