Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Hybrid Renderer Package (Entities preview 23)

Discussion in 'Graphics for ECS' started by digitaliliad, Feb 11, 2019.

1. digitaliliad

digitaliliad

I've noticed that the rendering stuff that was bundled into previous versions of the Entities package has been spun-off into a new Hybrid Renderer package. I realize that documentation is sparse, here, but does anybody know where I might find some info on this new package?

2. MostHated

MostHated

The only thing really I have seen was the notes on here.

https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/EntityComponentSystemSamples/blob/master/ReleaseNotes.md

Much of the rendering logic has been moved to a separate package called Hybrid Renderer (com.unity.rendering.hybrid). So in custom projects you are likely to need to now add the Hybrid Renderer in the Package Manager window.
    • Note especially that the MeshInstanceRenderer component has been renamed to RenderMesh, and is part of the new Hybrid Renderer package.

Probably just a google search might be the best bet, then maybe filter it to this forum (usually faster than searching through the actual forum itself, I have found), or perhaps there might even be some personal blogs or something. I didn't look too terribly much. Hopefully, there is more out there than just that, lol.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    NotaNaN and t-kawase like this.