Search Unity

Hybrid Rendered V2 Dependency (URP 9.0.0 missing)

Discussion in 'Graphics for ECS' started by charleshendry, Mar 14, 2020.

1. charleshendry

charleshendry

Hi,

I'm trying to use the new Hybrid Rendered V2. I've upgraded to Unity 2020.1.0b1 and updated to Entities 0.8.0 and Hybrid Renderer 0.4.0.

I've added ENABLE_HYBRID_RENDERER_V2 to the project's scripting define symbols. I see that a requirement is also URP 9.0.0 or newer. However as far as I can see, the latest version is URP 8.0.1.

I presume I'm missing a pre-requisite. Any ideas? Thanks!

2. charleshendry

charleshendry

Ah... just saw this at the end of the documentation...

IMPORTANT: SRP 9.0.0-preview package is not currently released. The hybrid.renderer sample projects currently require cloning the SRP repository under the same parent folder as dots repository. SRP repository is located here: https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/ScriptableRenderPipeline. Checkout hybrid-instancing2 branch.

nicolasgramlich likes this.
  3. charleshendry

charleshendry

Hmmm struggling to download that hybrid-instancing2 branch. Anyone managed to set this up? I thought this would have to be added to the project packages, but it mentions dots repository?

4. charleshendry

charleshendry

Ok, managed to download and import com.unity.render-pipelines.core, com.unity.render-pipelines.universal and com.unity.shadergraph via the Package Manager. Hybrid Renderer V2 now shows as active in the console.

Bivens32 likes this.
  5. SebastianAaltonen

SebastianAaltonen

Unity Technologies

Yes. Hybrid Renderer V2 needs SRP 9.0.0-preview package which isn't yet published. We hope it ships next week, but there are big changes by other teams as well, so I can't promise anything.

Also the document published here (https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.rendering.hybrid@0.4/manual/index.html) seems to be outdated. Wrong Unity version and wrong SRP branch.

Here's some corrections:

To enable Hybrid Renderer V2 you need:
    • Unity 2020.1.b03 or newer (not released yet)
    • SRP 9.0.0-preview (not released yet)
    • SRP: Alternatively you can manually clone SRP repository (master branch)
    I would also recommend waiting for next package release to get updated documents.

6. SebastianAaltonen

SebastianAaltonen

Unity Technologies

IMPORTANT: Unity 2020.1.0b3 is a hard requirement for Hybrid Renderer V2. Visuals will be completely broken if you test with earlier version (such as 2020.1.0a25).

7. optimise

optimise

From what I understand SRP version will only +1 major version for new big Unity release like 2020.1 and 2020.2. Is that SRP 9.0.0-preview package is special exemption that bump +1 major version again at 2020.1 cycle from SRP 8.x package?

JakHussain likes this.
  8. Grimreaper358

Grimreaper358

Yes, but version bumps also happen when they have to change the Editor API to support something with a SRP. So 2020.1 was going to be using 8.x.x but the API got updated for some new features during the alpha so the SRPs version got bumped to 9.x.x

JakHussain likes this.
  9. SebastianAaltonen

SebastianAaltonen

Unity Technologies

10. SagisawaFumika

SagisawaFumika

11. SebastianAaltonen

SebastianAaltonen

Unity Technologies

1.5 GB of graphics card memory? Or hard drive space? Are using using HDRP? If yes, then that's the HDRP shader library. It is huge. Not related to hybrid renderer. HDRP is using as much space with GameObjects too. If this is a problem, you can use URP instead. URP shader library takes significantly less space.

12. Polaaa

Polaaa

No, I got the same problem, and its in URP.
    I set up an empty scene and put one sphere with a lit URP shader.
    Before I click convertToEntity, the editor took 512MB of system memory!
    the same thing happens in the second sphere with another material :mad:
    And Unity editor will never take these memories back.:rolleyes:
    Why?

13. Polaaa

Polaaa

the same thing happens in the compiled application.

Attached Files: