Search Unity

Hybrid Render vs 2D Renderer

Discussion in 'Graphics for ECS' started by pahe, Sep 17, 2020.

1. pahe

pahe

Hi, I've got a question regarding the Hybrid Renderer as I'm getting a bit confused: We want to use the 2D Renderer to benefit from the 2D lighting system which is in the URP now. Is it possible to enable the Hybrid Renderer there as well, as we're also using ECS to spawn entities?

For now, we're getting the error:
    A Hybrid Renderer V2 batch is using the shader "Universal Render Pipeline/Lit", but the shader is either not compatible with Hybrid Renderer V2, is missing the DOTS_INSTANCING_ON variant, or there is a problem with the DOTS_INSTANCING_ON variant.

Is it planed that those are combined (and if there's a rough timeline, could you please tell me or a give a link to a roadmap)?

Thanks a lot,
    Patrick

xotonic, reeseschultz and lclemens like this.
  2. Ylly

Ylly

Our team has same problem. We are upgrade our project to 2020.1 version. Include URP 9.35. Ser RenderV2. Upgrade our materials with ShaderGraph. And when we are loading our objects through addressables getting same error

3. Naotagrey

Naotagrey

I don't know if you'll see this, but I'm encountering that same error now, I'm using 2020.3.1f, I have to most recent URP RenderV2

In my case the material already uses ShaderGraph, and it is flagged as compatible with SRP batcher.

4. Kmsxkuse

Kmsxkuse

5. SebastianAaltonen

SebastianAaltonen

Unity Technologies

charleshendry likes this.
  6. vikingsc2007

vikingsc2007

Still have some error under hybrid render v2

Windows Editor 2020.3

Android Platform ,
    Graphic API: OpenGLES 3.2
    Packages:
    Hybird Render 0.11.0-preview.44

Error:
    A Hybrid Renderer V2 batch is using a pass from the shader "Universal Render Pipeline/Lit", which is not SRP batcher compatible. Only SRP batcher compatible passes are supported with the Hybrid Renderer.

upload_2021-7-16_10-39-43.png

DevViktoria and andreiagmu like this.
  7. DevViktoria

DevViktoria

I got this error too. I tried to add the V2 renderer to an existing DOTS project and no matter what I do I still got the A Hybrid Renderer V2 batch is using the shader "Universal Render Pipeline/Lit", but the shader is either not compatible with Hybrid Renderer V2, is missing the DOTS_INSTANCING_ON variant, or there is a problem with the DOTS_INSTANCING_ON variant. error and nothing renders when I launch the game.
    Is there any way to fix this and to make my project work again?
    I attached the screenshot of the project with the packages I am using.

Edit: And I checked the Lit shader it is SRP compatible:
    upload_2021-11-23_10-6-58.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
  8. DevViktoria

DevViktoria

I figured it out :) I am on Linux and this is only working if I use Vulkan Graphics API:
    upload_2021-11-23_10-56-11.png