Search Unity

Hunted - (WIP) Multiplayer First person Horror!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Uninity, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Uninity

Uninity

Hunted is a Co-Op Horror FPS that is similar to Slender. However, will not contain slender, will not have a rip-off title nor the concept where you collect god damn pages. You will begin in 2 different places and is dependent on who you spawn as which will be random. You both have to work together to reunite in the dense, vast terrain you are in. Like every Horror FPS, you somehow end up where you are mysteriously. However, these players came here for a camping destination via boat to an island unite far out from civilization. Unaware, the players continue their quest finding each other but are being stalked by a ominous predator lurking the environment around them (Headhunter). As well as your main objective of reuniting, I didn't mention that you had to kill what is trying to take your heads. Once the enemy is killed (which I will make difficult) the game Will end and scores will appear showing how well you did. Rating your game-play between A+ - F and your scores will be submitted to an online visible leader-boards which others can see and compete with (Time survived, How many of something found etc).

Please be aware that the lighting alone has almost took me around a whole day to improve. I've changed the Ambient Lighting, the intensity and color of the Directional Light, I've adjusted the fog color to the colour of the skybox for a nice blend, I've added a Tonemapping Image Effect onto the main camera in order to give it a dark, crisper look too for those of you who might of been interested!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screenshots:

Upcoming Game Ideas (Some are already added)

Main menu of terrain
    Nice GUI menu text
    Click menu button and image effect(noise) appears then disables after 1 second.
    Nice sound effect when click menu button
    Adjust music volume, sound effects and graphics quality in menu.
    Possible leaderboards (Longest time survived, quickest time to complete, highest score)
    Slender type font being used

- Singleplayer (Are you sure you want to begin new game. NOTE: Progress isn't saved)
    - Multiplayer (Leaderboards, Host, Join)
    - About (Story, Team)
    - Options (Quality, sound, music)
    - Credits (Team credits)
    - Exit (Quit Application)

Wake up in a abandoned room, flashing lights, blood on walls, cutscene of panning around room, zooms back into character, can't control player until camera finished cutscene, as soon as cutscene finishes, GUI box appears saying how did you end up where you are.
    Wake up on the bed and all you can hear is the Heartbeat sound, your movement is nulled and you can only take control of your character after the cutscene. Vision is black but can hear heart beat, you open eyes and heartbeat fades, you can see your body on the bed and animation plays getting off the bed slowly.
    You begin with nothing, you have to find a torch on order to gain better vision throughout the game, you can skip the option to get a flashlight but its advised. You begin with image effects to the camera, blurred and motion blur to make you look distorted, dazed and as if you don't have your glasses on. You have to walk around to find your glasses and once they are found, you regain better vision.

(Possibly use a wobbling script to make the character look dazed and dizzy with lack of steady balance and this eventually regenerates over time)

Flashlights use cookies to render a nice flashlight effect, spotlight being used, try to use a smooth rotation with the light, the light intensity will gradually become weaker over time. However, to solve this problem you pickup batteries around the map. When you pick up these batteries, your flashlights intensity instantly returns to the maximum value. Toggle flashlight using F.

Player can sprint using left-shift and the more times he sprints, the more fatigue he gains, leading to exhaustion (if exhausted it notifies you on screen). You can regenerate this energy by picking up energy cans (cola) and is will replenish your energy and making you run maximum speed again, process repeats. Player cannot jump. After the player has wasted all of his sprinting power, a heavy breathing noise will initiate until the duration of the sound has finished. You could have a mini inventory in the bottom left corner which consists of 3-6 boxes and if you click the item within the inventory (depends whether it is usable or not) it will be used or you can use 'U' to use the item.

(drinking cola and picking up batteries may have some sound effects such as for the batteries, have metal clinging together whilst for the energy drinks, have a male gulping down a drink as the sound effect)

Noises:- Wind, footsteps, lightning, rain and general forest background noises (crickets, birds, bushes ad twigs rustling) as usual noises (2D) but the footsteps only trigger when moving with the character. Maybe have some box collides in certain places on the map which trigger certain noises when you interact with things such as doors. When you open the door, maybe a squeaky door noise will trigger and also a little girls cry (example). T Different zones in the map will trigger off heartbeat noises and heavy breathing to show that your player is scared.

The actual enemy won't be Slenderman but will be something that looks a lot more scary, something scarier than Slenderman which could eventually create a big hype and myth if the game got popular. For the enemy AI, the enemy will always look at you at all times (CameraLookAt) and will gradually move closer and closer and closer towards you until he eventually is within range of getting you. Possibly have a box collider around enemy (10x10x10) and if the player is within this region, an image effect will appear (noise) and a horrible screech noise will be triggered (example). If the enemy gets within < 5 of the player, the game will quit back to the main menu and the player will have to begin his adventure again in order to complete the game and the game will not be saved. (if Distance < 5)

Multiplayer functionality will consist of spectating the other player when you die so you can still experience the scariness. Leaving the game will end the game session. Can only connect with another person ( 2 player co-op).

The Games goal. 3 survivors are located on the map, you and or a friend (co-op) have to search for them after realising they are nearby. Survivor is surrounded by a huge trigger box collider and when player gets inside it, a sound is played with them saying "help me, I am over here!" (Voice actor required). Something similar to pages are located around the terrain, maybe we could use books instead and when the are picked up, a 2d GUI texture of a old damaged, dusty wet book will appear with text on it telling you wierd tales/myths/commands (get out of here now!) Wake up on the bed and all you can hear is the Heartbeat sound, your movement is nulled and you can only take control of your character after the cutscene. Vision is black but can hear heart beat, you open eyes and heartbeat fades, you can see your body on the bed and animation plays getting off the bed slowly.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  2. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

Looken really good. Great world and atmosphere you made. One thing though, I feel like the player movement doesn't really fit in to well. Its kind of awkward with the player moving and both hands are up in front of you the entire time. It would be a nice animation effect to add in is, have the players arms move or swing like in a running motion back and forth. Other than that great work. Keep it up.

3. Uninity

Uninity

I temporarily removed the hands and legs until I am provided with some decent ones with animations.

4. Uninity

Uninity

+ Added Update video 3.

Enjoy!

5. Zoltoks

Zoltoks

Hey its Zoltoks with Bygone Fields. Just going to say the flashing lights looks really weird idk what it is though and what was your script for that box collider sound? Like did you have it set where it goes away once you enter? looking good.

6. Uninity

Uninity

yeah, the sound only plays once and never again! We should work together because you seem good with horror games xD

7. Python-Blue

Python-Blue

Thank you for the use of my music in the video! :)

8. Uninity

Uninity

Thanks, I forgot to credit you, do you have anything I can link in my video description?

ALSO GUYS: Major update coming next video, some awesome programmers have updated and added so much stuff :)

9. Myhijim

Myhijim

Cool!

Looking great, although the lights really aren't doing it for me :/

10. Python-Blue

Python-Blue

It's fine for now. It's not like it's publicly available yet, for one. XD You can add a link to either of my websites below, though I'd prefer the second:

http://www.python-blue.com/
    http://sgtyayapproductions.bandcamp.com/

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  11. Uninity

Uninity

12. Zoltoks

Zoltoks

Hey one thing i recommend is to get playmaker or uscript from the asset store. If you dont have much programming knowledge then those are the perfect things to use! its all visual and really easy to use. I wouldnt mind working together in a way. Maybe we could share sites for free models and music, thats where im struggling the most!

13. Uninity

Uninity

Ask @PythonBlue for music :)

14. Prion Games

Prion Games

Logo I did for you because i was bored and felt generous. Just get the PNG from me later.

$hunted.jpg

15. Uninity

Uninity

Thanks Josh, appreciate it!

UPDATE: Added another video of the Main Menu this time. Buttons are still to be added!

16. MMortal

MMortal

LINK TO PLAY!!!!!!!!

Can't give you feedback form just video!

17. xtremepman

xtremepman

Let's see the enemy!

18. SevenBits

SevenBits

Nice terrain and artwork. Video quality could be a little better though.