Search Unity

1. Calling all beginners! Join the FPS Beginners Mods Challenge until December 13.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Cyber Week at the Asset Store!
    Dismiss Notice

Humble Unity Bundle

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Amon, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Amon

Amon

2. BlankDeedxxAldenHilcrest

BlankDeedxxAldenHilcrest

Oh my..bruh I was gonna buy a lot of those this month. I just saved some extra-cheese money for later bro.

Amon likes this.
  3. hongwaixuexi

hongwaixuexi

It's very good. Why so few replies.

4. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

Isnt it a bit strange grouping games by engine? It shouldn't be relevant at all for the end user

edit: ah it was assets too.. nice never seen that bundle on end user bundle sites before :D

5. hoodoo

hoodoo

Great deal, even if you already own some of the assets. Purchased last night!

6. Shiro_Rin

Shiro_Rin

The only asset I already own from this is UFPS, so this is awesome!

hoodoo likes this.
  7. Ryiah

Ryiah

There isn't much to say other than "it's a good bundle".

8. VIC20

VIC20

Sold more than 35,000 copies within a day. This will be a support nightmare for the asset publishers. I wonder how much an asset like UFPS will get per copy, I guess it will be less than a dollar per copy.

9. Antypodish

Antypodish

Now every new released game, will feel like same game :p
    Personally only Gaia looks interesting to me.

10. halley

halley

Humble Bundle is about charity. The creators who offered their assets or games (or books or courseware) to the Humble Bundle group have done so with eyes open, and with the goal of supporting important charities. Many folks will have bought the bundle and will leave the assets on their virtual shelf for months before trying it out, which should smooth the tech support burden.

11. Ryiah

Ryiah

Marketing too. Unity clearly choose games and assets they felt would present their engine in a positive light.

12. halley

halley

Well, sure. I also noticed that all of the assets which were free giveaways in the last two months of asset store sales also showed up suddenly as best-sellers / top picks / featured, etc.

13. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Wow, just checked it out. Kinda a steal really.

14. Murgilod

Murgilod

It's a pretty good deal. The lower tiers are pretty good workflow improvements for beginners.

15. VIC20

VIC20

Now 42,000 copies. They sell roughly 44 copies per minute. They really need a lot of those folks to smooth the tech support burden ;-)

16. kdgalla

kdgalla

that's true. I bought a similar bundle of Game Maker Studio assets a few years ago and never got around to even looking at half the stuff in there.

17. BlankDeedxxAldenHilcrest

BlankDeedxxAldenHilcrest

Yeah, I've bought a few and never used them at all. I was gonna grab Gaia and UFPS that day anyway though, I'm already using those. Most the HumbleBundle customer base however, will probably not ever touch it.

18. LaneFox

LaneFox

I think it does a lot to stimulate some people to at least experiment with developing.

19. kdgalla

kdgalla

Yeah, you get everything you'd need to start. Make a level in Gaia. Add your UFPS controller. You have all the music and SFX you need. You have tons of creatures in the Protofactor pack to use as enemys (with enemys like these, who needs friends?). I guess you could use Flow Canvas or Gameflow to get your enemy AI going. On that note, it's too bad Emerald AI is not included because then it would have been the perfect zero-effort asset flip kit! ;)

Oh, and it includes a pack of beginner courses in case someone actually wants to learn proper game dev.

RendCycle and Socrates like this.
  20. Shiro_Rin

Shiro_Rin

I was actually pretty excited to see this as some of those courses look pretty interesting. I'm always learning something new so I figured it wouldn't hurt to try them.

21. BlankDeedxxAldenHilcrest

BlankDeedxxAldenHilcrest

The true words of greatness, leading ultimately to works of greatness.

22. Dreamaster

Dreamaster

Guys at work were laughing at me yesterday because I was so excited about this deal. Felt like winning the lottery!

23. CDF

CDF

There's something very satisfying about redeeming vouchers.

Great bundle!

24. Player7

Player7

I didn't think much of ufps...seemed pretty awful from the demo's and they already selling ufps2 and addons so that's dead.

The others well not all of them are my thing like the flow/canvas .. I'm sure all the music/soundfx might come in handy at somepoint..The better ones for me are Gaia and ummorpg(which seems to have splintered off from unet with there own networking framework based on it)

Maybe could get something out of inventory pro in pulling it apart but probably not much as that's another asset where the developers have moved onto a newer asset. The fantasy creature pack might make for some high quality enemy characters to use in game or at least nice placeholders..

What's even the best game out of that bundle to play? I barely play games these days .. I need more free time in a day :)

25. Deleted User

Deleted User

its a steal just for gaia alone, i had my eye on it for awhile
    the soundfx is an awesome bundle too

... yeahh... ufps is ... ehh.. not the way id implement that stuff, personally... but like, it works i guess
    i wanted to buy that samurai game before too

awesome bundle, price is a steal

Dreamaster likes this.