Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions by the end of July. Read our announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Question Humanoid Rig Configuration - Bone Length Mismatch

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Jamnation12, Feb 7, 2022.

1. Jamnation12

Jamnation12

Hi everyone!

I am trying to apply an existing humanoid avatar to imported humanoid animation. The rig for the animation and the existing avatar are exactly the same. When I try to define the avatar for the imported animation as 'Copy From Other Avatar' and then select the existing avatar, I get this error of Bone Lengths not matching.

rig_import_messages.PNG

If anyone knows how I can solve this error or where I can find more information about what's causing this error I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you in advance!

2. FrankAtt

FrankAtt

I found a solution for me for this problem. (I changed the positon of the bones a bit in Blender - Edit Mode)

In Unity choose the Blender file. Open the 'Rig' tab, change 'Animation Type' to 'None'. -> Apply
    Then change 'Animation Type' back to 'Humanoid'. -> Apply
    So the messages are gone and the animation bones are correct.

Hope this helps.

3. dane-wheaton

dane-wheaton

I am having the same issue as OP and that did not fix it for me. These bone length warnings would not be a big deal for me except that I think they are screwing up the root motion on my animation. Nobody knows what this warning means or how to fix it?