Search Unity

Question Humanoid Mass/IK Body Position spheres constantly sinking?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Kurteth, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Kurteth

Kurteth

For some reason my center of mass keeps sinking, and I can't figure out why.

I have tried baking Y into all my root animations, but the spheres still sink causing my character to play some animations matching their position (far below the current terrain). The only way I have been able to fix this is by either

A: Switching to normal update mode for my animation controller, instead of animating physics(which I cannot do for my game to function properly)

or

B: freeze the Y position of my Rigidbody (which is also not desirable but I can probably live with it for now)

Any ideas? I can provide more information if prompted, just unclear on exactly what is needed. Picture below for reference. Thanks!

Edit: Just found out that even when anchoring the Y position, the spheres also just go off base on the x and z axis so I am officially lost. Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  2. Kurteth

Kurteth

Got an answer thanks to the awesome Unity discord server! I am added a reply here in case someone else runs in to this problem.

I was using both animator controller and a rigid body which was sort of screwing with each other. I needed to set the rigidbody to kinematic to have it correct itself! Hope that helps people in the future!

Not sure how to edit the title to solved...sorry!