Search Unity

Human character feet produce weird results with some imported animations.

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Gphysono, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Gphysono

Gphysono

I apologize if this isn't the right location for this question:

I've been playing with Mixamo Animations in Unity using their X and Y bot characters. I export the animations from Mixamo using the "FBX for unity" options. Then from inside Unity I set the character rig to humanoid, apply root motion and set up a state machine with the actual animation(s).

During the animation playback (and I see this mostly in dance animations) the feet placement and orientation can be pretty messed up. They can float above or fall below the floor and can flip facing the opposite direction (??!!!) I see it with single and multiple animations blended together.

I don't know if there's corruption during the export from Mixamo, the import into Unity or if extra configuration on the character is needed. Any info and advice would be appreciated,

Thanks!

RickshawDerpyDerp likes this.
  2. LMan

LMan

I'd check the avatar in the import settings in unity. If you're importing as a humanoid you'll be able to configure the avatar yourself. It sounds like several bones retargeted incorrectly.

3. virgilcwyile

virgilcwyile

Hello,
    I just found an issue in Unity. When i kept the T-Pose Model (Skinned) in a folder and the animation of it in another folder then the Animations turn out to misbehave. Like Legs twitching or parts of body going down. When I brought the T-Pose and other animations together in one folder and updated the reference in Rig of T-Pose then all became normal.

goodchildn and marcsebas like this.
  4. goodchildn

goodchildn

5. RickshawDerpyDerp

RickshawDerpyDerp

Having similar issue. Importing fbx character with 3 animations using IK bones to Unity 2019.1.9f1 from Blender 2.8. The character's toes are bent 90 degrees up in all poses (except the T pose and enforce binding pose). I have tried tweaking it myself but I can't get the changes to save, either the thumbnails for the character or the character itself after I drag it into the scene. Further, the last bones on every appendage are invisible, including the head! How can I fix this? Please respond

6. firestorm185

firestorm185

So I just tested what virgil above said, except I still left the T-Pose in my models folder and the animation fbx in the animation folder, but I used the anim avatar of the T-Pose instead of letting the animation fbx generate it's own, and when I tested the animation afterwards, the feet weren't wonky anymore!