Search Unity

Huge Unity Ads Bug

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by kashif789us, Apr 11, 2016.

1. kashif789us

kashif789us

As you guys already know after Unity 5.2 you can integrate Unity Ads and Analytics right from Unity Editor. So, I did this. Unity Analytics got integrated successfully, Unity Ads also generated me Ids. I went to the dashboard and Analytics for my game name were visible but not for the Ads. I thought they may appear in a while but they did not.

I contacted Unity support and the person said those ids are created on another account. What a massive bug is this. I asked him to move those to my account and he said he cannot as they are linked to another account. They are linked to an organization which has nothing to do with me. Its not one of my organizations.

Also to make the matter worst for me, my games have gone live and I cannot do anything :(

How can this happen? I am logged in to my account and Unity is creating ids to another account. This needs to be addressed very soon and seriously and I request Unity to move those games to my account as soon as possible.

2. Dragonic89

Dragonic89

Why did you decide to make your app live if you know that there was a problem with UnityAds IDs/account ?

And yes you can do something ! I don't know about this bug, but you can also create manually a project on the UnityAds panel, copy the new IDs on your project to resolve the problem, and update your app on Android/iOS !

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  3. kashif789us

kashif789us

Apple's app approval time period is approximately 7 days. So, I thought it will be resolved in these 7 days.

I did the same, created new ids and integrated those by calling UnityAds.Initialize but the Unity support person said this is ignored in Unity 5.2 and above and the ids generated by Unity are used. The ones you mention are ignored.

4. Dragonic89

Dragonic89

Currently it's ~5 days for Apple approval time !

Well, that was a bad choice ! You can't assume that the Unity staff will resolve everything for you in a week just because you found a bug with UnityAds IDs/account ! You should have waited before the submission !

You don't have to use UnityAds.Initialize for new IDs on your project ! You have to open the UnityAds service screen and replace the old IDs with the new ones !

I made this on my project last week, It works on my app !

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
    unity-nikkolai likes this.
  5. kashif789us

kashif789us

Thanks for this. I did not know these ids were editable. I ll do this and submit the update. Thanks again.

6. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

You bring up a good point here.

The issue is that if you are migrating to 5.2+ from an earlier version of Unity, and decide to remove the Unity Ads asset package and use the Services window instead, you're existing initialization code doesn't work the same.

The reason for this is that Unity Ads is automatically initialized on application start when the Ads are enabled through the Services window. This happens before any of your own game code is executed. Unless you change the game IDs in the Services window, it will use the ones that were created for the UDN Project currently linked to the project in Unity.

If you still want to use your own Unity Ads initialization code, you can disable this functionality by using an editor script that sets AdvertisementSettings.initializeOnStartup to false.

With regards to the organization, you can see and change all of your settings under the Settings section of the Services window. The organizations available are specific to those of the current account logged into Unity. If the organizations are not familiar to you, sign out and sign back in with your UDN account.

Screen Shot 2016-04-11 at 8.20.19 AM.png

You can also view and manage your organizations when you sign in at id.unity.com.