Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Huge spike in crashes on Android devices (2019.3.0f5)

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by FamishedMammal, Jan 21, 2020.

1. FamishedMammal

FamishedMammal

EDIT: This issue has been fixed by upgrading the plugin to 4.2.1! :)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
  2. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

The java stacktrace indicates, that installed app cannot find native libraries, as in it was incorrectly installed.

What was the previous Unity version you've uploaded your app with?

What was the format of file you've uploaded before and after ? (APK, App Bundle, something else?)

3. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

Sorry, I cannot give you my email.

In any case, if we cannot reproduce this on our end, we cannot help, even though I think the bug is on Google side.

I suspect the issue here, is upgrade process of your app, something probably went wrong. That's why installing application from scratch works fine.

So my question is, do you still have a link to your previous version of your app in Google Play Console, if so, submit a bug via bug reporter, with information how to install your older application version, and then updating to your newer version. If needed QA will request access to your Google Play Console, and provide email if needed.

As for SD card, there was indeed a bug, where if app is moved to SD card, the application will fail to launch (and will display the stacktrace you copy pasted above), but I think Google restricted such thing in higher versions of Android. Thus making it impossible to move/or install an app on SD card. Unless the devices you mention, have somehow overiden this behaviour. You can force the installation of your app to Install Storage, via Player Settings, though I am not sure if that will help you.

4. ARPAplus

ARPAplus

We have the same issue on Unity 2019.2, mad spike on similar crashes.

5. thiagolrosa

thiagolrosa

I also have the same type of crashes and I just removed AdMob completely and all the crashes are gone!

Were you able to keep the AdMob plugin and get rid of the crashes?