Search Unity

Huge Question.

Discussion in 'PSM' started by Black_Eagle, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Black_Eagle

Black_Eagle

Ok, I was wondering how can I go about making 3 versions of my game, a demo version with where you can only play for 20 minutes, the full game but with just survival and a version where after you buy multiplayer it detects that you bought multiplayer and you can play it then but if you didn't buy it you cant play it....I wanna make sure there is no work around for getting to multiplayer without buying it

2. PeteD

PeteD

For multiplayer you can have that as an in app purchase. These can be checked when the game starts, provided the player is connected to wifi. Given that multiplayer will likely require wifi anyway I think that would be the best solution.

Not sure about the game demo as only Microsoft seem to have a trial mode api for their mobile apps.

The full game with survival would just be your normal release as multiplayer is enabled through the IAP.

3. Jonny-Roy

Jonny-Roy

Simple, use playerprefs and synchronise with an online server to ensure people don't loose there data when they re-install.

Though this is more a general Unity question and not PSM specific.

4. Black_Eagle

Black_Eagle

OK thanks for you guys answers is there a code to reference to?

5. Jonny-Roy

Jonny-Roy

Here is the playerprefs documentation:
    http://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/PlayerPrefs.html

There are a lot of tutorials for using it online, for the online server sync use WWW class, you can do GET or POST requests and it's fairly cross platform, but certainly works well on PSM.

6. Black_Eagle

Black_Eagle