Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions by the end of July. Read our announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Question Huge eCPM drop

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by TraianDraghici, Aug 10, 2022.

1. TraianDraghici

TraianDraghici

I have seen huge eCPM drops from the beginning of this month.
    Am I the only one or you face this issue too ?
    It has dropped from February but it is getting worse and worse. Impressions are the same.

2. PeachyPixels

PeachyPixels

Same here, been at around $0.70 for days now (Europe) down from around $6.

AppAds.txt (etc) is up-to date, everything correctly configured and nothing has changed my end.

I'm aware advertising is dependant on the economic climate etc, but still... $0.70

It feels like I'm fighting Unity Ads half the time tbh, so currently investigating alternatives.

3. berukulama

berukulama

Epcm levels are all about ad campaigns soon they get a good campaign and epcm revenues rise. With a little patience, you can see the numbers go up. My advice to you is a little more patience.

4. TraianDraghici

TraianDraghici

5. berukulama

berukulama

Conditions are bad in the world right now, but this situation will not last forever. :)

6. TraianDraghici

TraianDraghici

Yeah, I know that ;)

7. TraianDraghici

TraianDraghici

eCPM stil going down..0.29$

8. berukulama

berukulama

epcm changes according to the regions where the game is played, while it is 0.50 usd in some of my games, it changes up to 1.5 usd in some games. It is important in which region it is played specifically.

9. TraianDraghici

TraianDraghici

My game demographics is stable. The problem is that the eCPM had a huge drop in ALL countries, especially in top tier countries.

10. TraianDraghici

TraianDraghici

My problem with the huge revenue drop was because I updated to the newest Unity ADS SDK and I did not include LoadAd() function, and interstitial ads were not shown in my games, so I lost a lot of revenue...

berukulama likes this.
  11. unity_Dhanu

unity_Dhanu

If one managed to get more than 5000 impressions per day can he place a lower limit for the eCPM?

12. unity_Dhanu

unity_Dhanu

Did you manage to solve this?

13. Nabeel_Kamboh

Nabeel_Kamboh

Unity Technologies

what is your game id/project id, we can take a look

14. khushalkhan

khushalkhan

Avoid using unity ads

15. berukulama

berukulama

I am happy to use UnityAds. I think UnityAds is the best ad network.

khushalkhan and TraianDraghici like this.
  16. Unity_Adamski

Unity_Adamski

Unity Technologies

Hi All, if you are seeing a substantial drop in your app's eCPM please feel free to open a ticket and send us over the details on your app. We would be more than to look into this and advise on the probable cause.

eCPM drops of this type are usually caused by either a demographic shift in your app or a change in user behaviour, for example, a sudden increase in users in low-tier countries will lower your eCPM. Also, banner ads are likely to negatively affect the eCPM at the app level.
    Unless your app has over 5000 impressions and has been stable for some time, eCPM is not a good metric to use to track overall ad performance, as it can be very erratic due to the lack of data.

If you think your eCPM is dropping abnormally please feel free to open a ticket with us.

17. khushalkhan

khushalkhan

ggood for you my friend