Search Unity

Huge Drop in Performance of Sideloaded WMR App

Discussion in 'VR' started by cyenketswamy, Jun 25, 2020.

1. cyenketswamy

cyenketswamy

I am trying to share a Windows Mixed Reality App with a client. However i have noticed that there has been a huge drop in performance with the sideloaded app (UWP x64 bit Windows 10). The last time i did a sideloaded app was in 2019 and never had performance issues. Back then i was using Unity 2017.3.0f3 and am still on the same version. The only thing that has changed is Visual Studio has been updated to version 15.9.17 and Windows 10 is now on Version 1909.

Something has clearly changed in VS or the WMR Portal because my app runs very sluggish in my WMR headset when sideloaded but in the Unity editor there is no performance bottleneck when i play the project to the VR headset.

NB I launch the sideloaded app from inside the Windows Mixed Reality Portal

Iam using UnityEngine.XR.WSA.Input to access my motion controller inputs.

Any suggestions as to what has changed or could be the issue will be appreciated.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  2. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

This may be a Windows bug. Can you please file a Feedback request through the Feedback app on the device? If you can get a share link for it I can possibly get it in front of the right people.

3. cyenketswamy

cyenketswamy

4. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

Thanks. I've passed it along.

5. cyenketswamy

cyenketswamy

Just some additional feedback. I built this same project targeted at the Android platform and installed it on my Huawei P30. The interaction script is different though as it uses the joystick of a Destek Bluetooth controller. The experience runs smoothly. Finished apk available here
    https://cyenketswamy.wixsite.com/starchildengineeri-2/about-9

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020