Search Unity

Bug HUB stuck in loading page

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by firebird721, May 23, 2023.

1. firebird721

firebird721

i downloaded 2022.20 thru the hub - and from that point on hub stpped working - i deleted all unity from my computer and downlded again - the editor and the hub but still to no avail - help please...

thx allot

upload_2023-5-23_9-43-9.png

2. firebird721

firebird721

If Unity Hub and the Unity Editor are not working properly even after reinstalling, there are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check system requirements: Ensure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements for running Unity Hub and the Unity Editor. You can find the system requirements on the Unity website.

2. Update Unity Hub: Make sure you have the latest version of Unity Hub installed. Visit the Unity website or the Unity Hub download page to download and install the most recent version.

3. Update Unity Editor: If you were able to open the Unity Editor before but it's not working now, ensure that you have the latest version of the Unity Editor installed. Open Unity Hub and go to the "Installs" tab to check for available updates.

4. Clear Unity Hub cache: Sometimes, issues can arise due to corrupted cache files. In Unity Hub, go to the "Preferences" or "Settings" menu (usually located in the top-right corner) and navigate to the "Cache" section. Click on the "Clear Cache" or "Delete" button to remove the cached data. Restart Unity Hub and see if it resolves the problem.

5. Check antivirus/firewall settings: Verify that your antivirus or firewall software is not blocking Unity Hub or the Unity Editor. Temporarily disable any such software and see if Unity Hub and the Editor start working. If they do, you may need to add exceptions or adjust the settings of your security software to allow Unity Hub and the Editor to run.

6. Run as administrator: Right-click on the Unity Hub or Unity Editor shortcut and select "Run as administrator." This can help overcome any permission-related issues.

7. Reinstall Unity Hub and Unity Editor: If none of the above steps resolve the problem, you can try uninstalling both Unity Hub and the Unity Editor, and then reinstall them from scratch. Make sure to follow the proper uninstallation process, which may involve removing any associated files or folders manually.
    HELPED ME STAGE 4 HERE - If the issue persists after following these steps, it might be helpful to provide more specific details about the problem you are facing, such as any error messages or unusual behavior, so that further assistance can be provided.

WHAT HELPED ME IS DETEING CACHE -
    1. Open a file explorer window (e.g., Windows Explorer).

2. In the address bar at the top, type or paste the following path and press Enter:
      shell
      %AppData%\UnityHub
      This will take you to the Unity Hub cache folder location.