Search Unity

Hub starting slow and login popup is empty, unusable

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by JDMulti, Jan 25, 2018.

1. JDMulti

JDMulti

I've installed the Unity Hub but for reason it starts really slow. It takes about 1+ minute before it even starts and at first I thought this was for checking my system for unity installations, but this behavior is always.

Another issue is that when the hub is finally started, it asks me with 2 buttons to login my existing account or create a Unity ID. (Btw, doesn't this need to be 'an' instead 'a'?) But when I click the button 'log into my existing account' a popup appears without any GUI or content and stays that forever. In this case the hub is completely unusable for me.

My machine runs Windows 10 insider preview build 17063 (most up to date when writing this).

2. cassandraL

cassandraL

Unity Technologies

3. BorisMongeau

BorisMongeau

Unity Technologies

Hi JDMulti,

This seems like a license problem, could you provide us with your Editor.log file please? (C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Unity\Editor\Editor.log)
    I will ask to our license team to evaluate it.

4. JDMulti

JDMulti

Sorry of the late reaction.

Yes I'm able to login on the website and also within unity. Just the hub is acting really strange.

Can I share it trough the forum or PM? Also I recently got weird 'yaml' file errors within my editor.
    I've got a license but somehow I recently got an issue where unity said my license was already in use. I fixed that by setting my editor to personal, start it, restart it and remove license and suddenly I had back my plus/pro license again without even filling in the license key. Maybe it's indeed a license issue causing the strange behaviour, but I wonder how this happened.