Search Unity

Question Hub remove (non-hub installed) Editor from Hub

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by JessHolle, Feb 18, 2022.

1. JessHolle

JessHolle

I installed 2020.3.29f1 before it was officially released via a separate installer, and I installed it in C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2020.3.29f1 (to mimic the final location for other tooling).

I have since uninstalled it via the uninstaller.

Unity Hub (3.0.1) still thinks this Editor version is installed. "Remove from Hub" does nothing. And I can't install the final, official release of 2020.3.29f1 from Hub because it says it is already installed. I want to install from Hub so I can add modules like normal, etc.

This would certainly seem to be a bug, but in any case right now I just need a workaround.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

kravcovd likes this.
  2. Svvell

Svvell

Hello, could you solve this problem?

3. JessHolle

JessHolle

So...

I used the separate uninstaller, and then Hub still thought the Editor was there and wouldn't just remove its registration of it when I told it to "Remove from Hub" in the UI.

So...

I finally put enough fake files back in place for Unity to think I had an Editor there. That didn't help. Then I restarted my machine. And then it let me uninstall the fake installation.

This area is a mess.

kumori_kuma and Airmouse like this.
  4. kumori_kuma

kumori_kuma

Ran into this problem when I had a package manager exe that wouldn't work properly. I deleted the folder and ran into this issue where I couldn't get Unity Hub to recognize that it's not there anymore. There was another thread that suggested deleting some files in the Roaming folder but that didn't help me.

In the end, I went onto Unity's downloads and manually downloaded the older version and installed it to that missing folder which fixed my issue. But this is very annoying! Remove from Hub should detect when the folder is missing and remove it from the list instead of doing nothing. This is like a 3-line code fix. Please implement this!!

Qleenie likes this.
  5. Qleenie

Qleenie

ran into same issue due to an unfinished install (PC crashed during install). this is really bad behavior and obviously a major bug.

6. SunSailor

SunSailor

And reinstalling and removing doesn't work anymore either, as they added a check, if the selected version already installed. Yeah, they get THAT done, but not that it isn't there anymore and can be removed for good from the hub.