Search Unity

Question Hub - Option Add Modules Disappeard

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by petera1980, Jul 20, 2020.

1. petera1980

petera1980

When I opened hub do download OpenJDK I suddenly realized that Add Modules option is gone.
    recently I have updated unity to version 2019.4.4f1

What it can be ?

CloudyVR likes this.
  2. co1o2ol

co1o2ol

I think you have not really installed unity hub from the hub installer yet and then you might have not clicked on tab to install unity editor yet. You have installed unity editor from the archive and then launched unity hub. To solve your issue, you have to uninstall unity and unity hub, install unity hub from the real executable and then go to installs > add. Then reinstall unity editor.

To know more about your issue, fell free to read the note on the manual: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/GettingStartedAddingEditorComponents.html

Let me know in the future if it solves your issue.

3. petera1980

petera1980

While downloading new version from Hub I closed the hub's window and downloading process continued in background.
    After installation all worked as usual except the modules option.

Also I have to notice that to install OpenJdk from HUB from Add Modules window, I first have to go to OpenJDK folder after Unity installation and modify permissions, otherwise it does not install it at all.

4. BasilUnity

BasilUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi @petera1980 : There's an issue where the Hub occasionally 'forgets' about installing certain Editors. You can 'remind' the Hub which editors it installed by modifying a file called editors.json in %APPDATA%\UnityHub (Windows) or ~/Library/Application\ Support/UnityHub (macOS). When you open this file, you should see a list of all the ‘manually added’ Editors you have. You need to change "manual": true to "manual": false for the Editor in question, save the file and restart the Hub.

5. petera1980

petera1980

Hello BasilUnity,

I've tried this option before I opened the thread. It works and Add Modules finally appeared as option but in Projects Tab
    I get this.

I have removed and reinstalled last unity editor and it worked as expected.

6. Fox_GAMING

Fox_GAMING

Hi, I installed Unity 2019.4.4f1 in the Unity Hub yesterday, but it's not in the editors.json. Is that a problem? It only showed the previous editor version I had installed, 2019.4.3f1. I changed it to true, saved the file, closed and restarted the Unity Hub, now it shows Add Modules. But the version the one project I need it on is version 2019.4.4f1, not 2019.4.3f1. What should I do?

7. BasilUnity

BasilUnity

Unity Technologies

The editors.json file normally only shows manually-added Editors. When you download a new Editor via the Hub, it will not be added to that file. Also, I should've added that we normally do not recommend changing this file, as doing so may introduce JSON formatting issues (as I suspect it was in @petera1980 's issue above) and can break things. This should be used only as a last-resort. More importantly, downloading an Editor via the Hub will always come with an up-to-date list of modules, which is not available from downloading Editors directly from the Unity website (without using the Hub).

8. Fox_GAMING

Fox_GAMING

Hi,

Ok, in the end, I installed Unity 2020 and i was able to get things working ok now, as far as I'm aware.

Thanks!

9. Thaina

Thaina

I have waste my time and effort install editor via hub. But then it never be able to install properly and only show an editor without option to add module even I was installed from hub. Even more than that the editors.json file are totally empty

Unity Hub is totally broken

10. srvsingh1962

srvsingh1962

Same is happening with me.

Can someone help!!?

11. Thaina

Thaina

Occur again in 2021.2.0a19

This problem never ever really fixed. Please stop everything and fix this first

12. Acclipse

Acclipse

Yep same cant even add Windows Build Module

13. Kia88DC

Kia88DC

hi,
    in my mac( macOS Monterey 12.3.1) there is no "unity hub" folder in "application support" , there's only a "Unity" folder and in it there is an "Unity_lic.ulf" !
    where is the "editors.json"? Screen Shot 1401-02-04 at 18.25.03.png Screen Shot 1401-02-04 at 18.27.36.png

14. mmmnnn121

mmmnnn121

in the installs folder of unityhub, the folder naming of the editor should be following the unityhub pattern (only version) and inside that folder there is a file called "modules.json" , this file tells the hub that which modules are available for each unity install, you need to find that file and put it there.

it would be convinient if Unity makes a public repository so people can download them manually for every version.
    I'm also looking for the modules.json file for version 2021.3.19f1 . can somebody upload it here?