Search Unity

Feedback Hub IDE Installation

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by btarg1, Mar 3, 2019.

1. btarg1

btarg1

Hi, just wanted to request a feature: can you guys add a separate area on the Installs tab for installing Visual Studio/JetBrains Rider/VS Code alongside Unity? This would be really useful, especially with Unity Hub's version management - which means you could install multiple versions and update from the Hub itself.

Also, some of my other feedback from using Unity Hub:
    • Deleting projects
    • managing what assets you have installed from the store
    • Removing projects from cloud
    • Updating an install with one click
    • Option for dark theme and light theme in Hub (possibly also the theme and layout of the old launcher since that was much prettier)
    Thank you!

2. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

Thank you for the feedback.

• Separating the third-party apps from the editor components is already in our plan.
    • Deleting the project will come in hub v2.1 or v.2.2 (aka soon)
    • For managing the assets, we actually did a proof of concept, and it is in our todo list, but a bit later.
    • Removing projects from the cloud is a great idea, I will add it to our feature requests.
    • Updating an install with one click: This is ideal, but there are many concerns around it. Like if we should only update to the minor version, or how to avoid breaking changes to break your projects. There is a discussion around it, but we'll see what we can do
    • With hub v1, there were some limitations for theme management, but in v2 where we switched to a new frontend framework, it will be possible. Again in our backlog.

3. btarg1

btarg1

Sorry for responding so late, but thank you! Can't wait for the new hub release - when 1.0 came out it changed my workflow a crazy amount as it is.

afshinity likes this.