Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.1 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for feedback on the experimental Unity Safe Mode which is aiming to help you resolve compilation errors faster during project startup.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Hub failing to communicate after Windows 10 update

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by LilGames, Aug 30, 2019.

1. LilGames

LilGames

There was a major Windows 10 update issued recently (August 28?) which I finally installed last night. Unity Hub now cannot communicate with the licensing service. It just sits there forever with the progress bar animating.

If I launch a project from Hub 2.1.0, Unity launches without my "Plus" features like dark skin.

If I launch Unity directly, without Hub, my Plus features are active.

(Tested with 2018.4.1f1)

2. LilGames

LilGames

Thread can be closed. Things have gone back to normal without intervention.

3. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi,

We're sorry you experienced this. Unfortunately the Unity license does hardware checks that may be affected by a Windows update. If this occurs again, you may fix the issue by removing your computer's activation from the online portal and reactivating your license. We are moving towards user-based licensing which won't be affected by Windows updates but that will come at a future time. Thank you for your understanding.

Best,

LilGames likes this.
unityunity