Search Unity

Hub doesn't show any UI cues

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by krupps, Apr 19, 2019.

1. krupps

krupps

Ok, so I get I'm forced to download an app to download an update to an app. I conform.

But, when I click update you disable the button and show no cue anywhere on the screen. Is it downloading, almost finished downloading, did it weird stop downloading because of network issues ( yes these exist ), and what is going on with my download?

Please add a cue... In the words of Charlie Brown. Uggg...

2. krupps

krupps

Oh and while i'm at it.

When we update Unity can we ask to close it? Later after downloading it says you need it shutdown.

When we click "download new version", can you not ask "Do you want to close Unity?"

3. krupps

krupps

And then...

We it's finished you just show a "...", why not when we start the download ask, provide a checkbox, or put on a button that says "Start".

I'm getting at if I start the download new version, I want to sit back, have a cup of Joe, bs around my office until I see the Unity screen.

These are typical UX items.

4. krupps

krupps

And finally, it would be better to update Unity from the "Choose project" screen instead of waiting until we get into the app.

5. krupps

krupps

And lastly. Your downloads nicely say "would you like to trash" the install. Your hub downloader does not. My Mac does not have a lot of space for unneeded apps, please delete it afterwards.