Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Hub doesn't know how to install older versions?

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by TEvashkevich-ES, Sep 18, 2019.

1. TEvashkevich-ES

TEvashkevich-ES

Trying to install unity versions via the headless mode won't work for all versions (which is REALLY annoying)

Can we please have a way to install whatever version we specify?

Example:
    "C:/Program Files/Unity Hub/Unity Hub.exe" -- --headless install -v "2019.2.3f1" -c 8e55c27a4621 -m ios

This will not do a thing and 2019.2.3f1 doesn't show up in the list of editors when doing

"C:/Program Files/Unity Hub/Unity Hub.exe" -- --headless e

It would be incredibly helpful as we are updating sporadically (but will lock to a version in the future) and our build machine can get out of sync with what the project version currently is.

We have a script that gets run before the build starts that checks the ProjectVersion.txt and then checks if the machine has that version installed, if not, it should install and then continue but currently won't work at all if the version isn't the "latest" in that set (2019.2.5 for example would be fine but 2019.2.3 won't even with a valid version and changeset)

Is there a reason why
    "C:/Program Files/Unity Hub/Unity Hub.exe" -- --headless e

Can't query somewhere to see if the version/changeset is a valid one instead of what seems to be JUST the final version of the set? OR even if it were to just "try" to download and fail if it's not a version that could be downloaded from archive for example

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  2. joeksy

joeksy

Unity Technologies

Hi @TEvashkevich-ES ,
    I believe the problem is the double quotes at the version.
    instead of "C:/Program Files/Unity Hub/Unity Hub.exe" -- --headless install -v "2019.2.3f1" -c 8e55c27a4621 -m ios
    please try "C:/Program Files/Unity Hub/Unity Hub.exe" -- --headless install -v 2019.2.3f1 -c 8e55c27a4621 -m ios

The Hub CLI is currently an experimental feature, we have plans on addressing pain points at a later date.
    I can only ask for your patience for now.
    While it is experimental, any feedbacks are welcome.

Thanks

OllyNicholson likes this.
  3. TEvashkevich-ES

TEvashkevich-ES

Hah...wow ok I've got some egg on my face for that. I swear I originally tried without Quotes around the version and it wouldn't work and that I had to put them around it to make it work...
    I'll take another look to see what is going on on our end.

Thanks for the reply!