Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved Hub does not recognize serial number and cannot generate a personal license On Mac Monterey

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by rsauchuck-gp, Oct 19, 2022.

1. rsauchuck-gp

rsauchuck-gp

I have a Unity Pro license through work that allows 2 seats.
    Checking UnityID I see I have only activated it on my PC.
    I log into my unity account on my Mac and download Unity Hub.
    After installing I skip past the Generate personal license screen and go right into "Manage Licenses".
    I enter the Serial Number that I obtained from the UnityID site but it fails to recognize it saying for me to check if it is a valid number. I have checked multiple times.
    Oddly on the Unity ID site, I see my Mac is showing as registered for the other seat!
    I have restarted Unity and my Mac. I have completely reinstalled unity from scratch. I have tried using the Personal License option but that fails to generate a license as well. I have tried every option listed on the website.
    Tech support has been investigating it without success for a few days.
    I need Unity to work NOW.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2022
  2. rsauchuck-gp

rsauchuck-gp

Tech support failed to resolve this issue after MULTIPLE attempts (5 or 6). I have sent them the log files after each attempt. They repeatedly sent the same instructions (enable Library permissions, delete Library/Unity and Application Support/Unity folders/license files. Delete Unity Editors and Hub apps. Redownload Hub and try again yadda yadda.)

Worthless.

I eventually located an installer for Hub 2.0 (Google "unity hub 2.0 dmg") and used THAT to install the hub and reactivate my license. THEN I installed Hub 3.3 over that. Everything seems to be working now.

Why can't Unity just provide an archive of Hub versions like the have for the Editor versions?