Search Unity

Hub can't open Projects! "unity is already in list. you cannot locate the same version"

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by RubberDragonGames, Dec 1, 2019.

1. fatislord

fatislord

Same to me, I'm using unity hub 2.3.7 and unity 2019.3.2f1. I could open the project after I enabled the ethernet adapter. Before that I only used wifi adapter to connect the internet and the ethernet adapter is disabled.

esmaeeldoost likes this.
  2. esmaeeldoost

esmaeeldoost

fatislord solution worked for me. Thanks.

3. BlueDev5

BlueDev5

Hey I want help I tried every solution I could find in this forum but nothing works it is now 2 weeks and I am unable to do any kind of work.

4. rogiedodgie38

rogiedodgie38

I just had this problem updating Unity Hub and can also report that re-enabling Ethernet (I also use wifi primarily, but i had disabled it when playing around with to see if Ethernet would increase my upload/download speeds here working from home) solved the issue!
    Thanks to others for posting here, which was the only way I ever would have thought that was the issue... ;)
    Roger

5. samhithmudumbe

samhithmudumbe

I have had the same problem . It allows me to open all my projects when i am connected to a different WiFi network compared to my usual one.

6. ekaralar

ekaralar

I had the same problem. It was caused by this:

I have 2 ethernet adapters and I have disabled the one I was not using. After this, Unity started giving me the error. When I enabled it again, it started working.

7. fherbst

fherbst

@mcaldei01 I think you ended up in the wrong thread; this one is about Unity Hub.

8. mcaldei01

mcaldei01

Yup :) Sorry !

9. rgrlee71

rgrlee71

I just had this problem when I did a Windows 10 network reset. My motherboard has two ethernet ports and after the reset I disabled the port I wasn't using. Apparently Unity HUB didn't like that. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out what was wrong. I re-enabled the unused ethernet port and it fixed the problem.

WTF would Unity care about the state of an UNUSED ethernet port!?!

Quaaaid and mcaldei01 like this.
  10. Quaaaid

Quaaaid

This fixed it for me too! Re-enabling my disabled ethernet port (that I disabled yesterday to test my wifi connection) fixed it. Strange it cares about that, something to do with licence validation? No idea.

11. anhphi1809

anhphi1809

Good ! Thanks

12. Jackrohit

Jackrohit

Works for me :)

13. marcosbiagi

marcosbiagi

OMG! This worked for me. <<SOLUTION: Enable all the network adaptors that are currently disabled in Windows>Network & Internet > Change Adapter Options >>.

I was using Unity 2019.2.17 with the latest Unity Hub and experiencing this exact problem. This has been happening for months, I'm so happy I now fixed it.

I'll write a detailed bug report in case Unity wants to investigate

Bug title:
    Unity hub cannot open any projects.

Hub Version: 2.4.3 (but this has been happening with older versions)

Bug Description

When attemping to open a project the Unity HUB, the hub would attemp to launch Unity Editor, but fail after 1 second, briefly flash "unity is already in list you cannot locate the same version" (this message only flashes for a fraction of a second) and then you are returned to the same Unity Hub window, with no Error message or description at all. I had to usue screen capture software and time my keystrokes to be able to capture what the brief error message said.

Solution I found:
    Enabling all the network adaptors that were currently disabled in Windows>Network & Internet > Change Adapter Options

Attached Files:

14. KaDaK4

KaDaK4

This solved the issue for me, but I didn't have to manually activate my license, I just did it the normal way. Is appears to be that the license file is corrupted or something

15. leymerf

leymerf

Unity hub 2.4.5 and still the same problem like wt

16. SuicideMachine

SuicideMachine

This issue still exists on Unity Hub 3. I have it now and it's really frustrating. The same issue as marcosbiagi - "Unity is already in the list. You cannot locate the same version" - where is this read from?!

I tried uninstalling Unity, removing everything in C:\Users that was related to Unity. Removing everything in Program Data, Program Files etc. as well as registry including firewall and this is still an issue - essentially nuke it to the ground and it's still an issue.

I tried returning and activating the license... nothing helps. Only I could get it to start running by running scene directly.

Finally, I managed to get it running by activating my Wifi adapter. In a desktop! The wifi adapter that I have never used, cause it's a desktop and I am always connected by a gigabit ethernet cable. Wanna fix it maybe?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  17. Adam_Nakonieczny

Adam_Nakonieczny

(this lovely bug still exists in hub 3.1.2)

Thank you very much for this thread. I Was trying everything listed here, including disabling and unconnecting every USB dongle, but for me finally steps seems to be much simpler:

delete this folder:
    X:\ProgramData\Unity
    and this one:
    X:\Program Files\Unity\%UNITYVERSION%\Editor\Data\Resources\Licensing

reactivate licence in HUB, working.

If for some reason it's not working, you can just open Unity scenes, but it'll run Unity in Indie mode, so it is not useful for everyone.

I will copy this to every other helpfull threads here, it was wasted day and a half, thank you very much.

Last edited: May 6, 2022