Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Hub behaving strangely

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Doobyman168, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Doobyman168

Doobyman168

Hi, I have a problem with Hub. I've had this for a while now, but I only recently realised it is impacting my ability to use the Asset store, so I need to get it sorted. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling.

My hub looks like this:

upload_2020-10-26_7-40-35.png

Note the extra menu I have at the top. Also, I have to start Hub twice; the first time nothing happens but three hub processes show up, and the second time those processes disappear and the app starts.

Now although you can see I am logged in (top right), I have to start a project twice also. The first time after a bit of loading I get a popup telling me I need an active license (which I do have).

upload_2020-10-26_7-44-41.png

The second time, the project loads fine. But at this point I am not actually signed in, and so cannot use the asset store.
    upload_2020-10-26_7-48-36.png

Any help would be much appreciated!

2. Doobyman168

Doobyman168

Bump because I am still struggling with this. Totally unable to use the asset store.

3. BenjiM_Unity

BenjiM_Unity

Administrator

Checking in to see if you are using more than one user on your OS running the hub at the same time?

4. Doobyman168

Doobyman168

Yes, I think the issue started after I created a second user on Windows 10, but they were never logged in and running it at the same time (unless Windows starts up all users in the background for speed).
    I have a new laptop now with only one user that is working fine, so at least I can work properly again.

5. oxalee

oxalee

17 april 2021 and still not solved. so frustated

6. GreenMatch

GreenMatch

I'm having pretty much the same problem.

What I do is, open Hub (needs to be twice), logout, quit, unistiall Hub, reinstall Hub, open (needs to be done twice) & login, open project (again, twice).

Then I have a functioning Unity, until the next time I quit Hub and need to do everything again...

Last edited: May 9, 2021
  7. GreenMatch

GreenMatch

Small update to this: I've now discovered that uninstalling (as I wrote above) is unnecessary, it's enough to just logout of Hub, Quit, and restart. (still need to open project twice though)

8. unity_leuGqyZifU4AZg

unity_leuGqyZifU4AZg

Same problem I'm having. Hopefully its something the devs know about..

9. K9B3

K9B3

Having this issue also. In addition I can't access the Asset Store from within the Editor because it claims I don't have Hub installed.

10. pigeonmeat

pigeonmeat

11. GreenMatch

GreenMatch

My issue was finally resolved! Turned out it was due to my license not being properly setup on my computer. I contacted customer service and asked them to remove my old (manual) license activation for the computer, and then activated my license again (not using the manual option). That solved the issue for me.