Search Unity

HUB auth user info request failed

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Baste, May 11, 2018.

1. Baste

Baste

I left my office computer with Unity and the hub open at Wednesday. When I arrived here today, I found 600 versions of this warning in the console:
    "HUB auth user info request failed, Reason: HTTP requests disabled because it reached the maximum number of failing requests (0)."

A new copy of the warning pops up every 5 seconds, which means that the warnings has been printing for just under an hour. That means that the "HUB auth user info request" started failing after the hub/Unity had been open for about 48 hours in a row.

Closing the hub completely from the tray made the warnings stop happening.

Aside from the obvious issue of a failed request happening. there's a couple of issues here:
    - I don't care. Please don't have internal hub communication errors bubble up to our console.
    - Why is Unity communicating with the Hub all the time? Is Unity using the hub's login token instead of it's own? That doesn't add any value to us as Unity users, please stop doing that.
    - Unlike a lot of other users, I honestly want the hub to close after it's done it's job. Not go hide in the tray, but stop running. I prefer software that I don't need to be running to not be running.

2. joeksy

joeksy

Unity Technologies

Hi @Baste ,

We fixed as issue on the console messaging, although it's a fix from the Editor side, the problem would persist when using the same Editor. Sorry for the inconvenient.

The Hub communicate with Editor, as you mentioned, Hub take care of the user token. One of the advantage is when multiple Editors are opened, one does not need to sign in or sign out separately from each, the Hub would handle the sign in status for all connected Editor at the same time.

As for quitting the Hub at project start up, we will take it under our list of feature request.

Hope this help, thanks for reporting.

Joe