Search Unity

HUB auth user info request failed

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Baste, May 11, 2018.

1. Baste

Baste

I left my office computer with Unity and the hub open at Wednesday. When I arrived here today, I found 600 versions of this warning in the console:
    "HUB auth user info request failed, Reason: HTTP requests disabled because it reached the maximum number of failing requests (0)."

A new copy of the warning pops up every 5 seconds, which means that the warnings has been printing for just under an hour. That means that the "HUB auth user info request" started failing after the hub/Unity had been open for about 48 hours in a row.

Aside from the obvious issue of a failed request happening. there's a couple of issues here:
    - I don't care. Please don't have internal hub communication errors bubble up to our console.
    - Why is Unity communicating with the Hub all the time? That makes no sense to me. That doesn't add any value to us as Unity users, please stop doing that.
    - Unlike a lot of other users, I honestly want the hub to close after it's done it's job. Not go hide in the tray, but stop running. I prefer software that I don't need to be running to not be running.

2. BorisMongeau

BorisMongeau

Unity Technologies

Hi Baste,

This issue (multiple messages in the console around the Hub) have been fixed, what version are you using?

To answer your question of communication: The Hub manage the user information for all your opened Unity, that's why it's communicating with Unity. This makes it possible to have more than one Unity opened at the same time without user info problems.

3. Baste

Baste

Version is 0.16 - that's the latest one, right?

For the communication - what happens when I close the hub? Does the Unity instance itself take over the user information stuff? The hub's really great for managing projects, but I don't care about your cloud services or anything else that's tied to my user account. I get that it's necessary for authentication purposes, but I'd rather see as little of it as possible.

4. BorisMongeau

BorisMongeau

Unity Technologies

If you close the Hub, the Unity instance take over and use the legacy launcher.