Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Hub 3.0.0 Cannot Activate Licenses

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by samanabo, Jan 11, 2022.

1. sab_the_cat

sab_the_cat

Hi, I know it wasn't directed at me, but I've gone on and tried the beta, since I was also having licensing problems on what seems to be a problematic OS for this new Hub (MacOS 10.12 Sierra). Here's the rundown:
    • v2.4.5 has no problems, opens instantly. (Menu bar icon appears and is functional).
    • v3.0.0 opens to a grey window, takes 2 minutes or longer for the UI to show up, then gives license activation problems. (Menu bar icon appears and is functional, but operates with a delay).
    • v3.0.1 same as v3.0.0
    • v3.1.0b1 opens to a grey window, never shows anything, then after a while throws this error: "The Hub as encountered a critical error and must close.". (Menu bar icon never appears).
    I could recently borrow an older throwaway laptop, but with newer OS installed (10.13 High Sierra) than my actual system, and I had no issues with licensing whatsoever with a regular v3 install. Hope this helps.

Edit: I copy pasted the error message, so it is verbatim, the grammar/spelling error is not mine. Also, clicking on the "Report a bug" button underneath does nothing.

2. unity_B2D52B425C12C8CB72C8

unity_B2D52B425C12C8CB72C8

Esenlikler windows için lisanslama sorunu yaşayan arkadaşlar bu linkten sorunu gidere bilir ((( sayın kanal sahibi beyfendi yorumu sabitlerseniz sorun yaşayan arkadşlara yardmcı olmuş oluruz ))) link:::

3. Ankit_GG

Ankit_GG

Finally a solution that works.

4. o0_Chromium_0o

o0_Chromium_0o

God bless you!
    I couldn't find this version; On every site that had the archive of the previous version, it was written version 2 on it but when I downloaded it I noticed that it was version 3 :/

5. lemketron

lemketron

I have Unity Hub 3.2.0 but I'm still having licensing issues. In my case, it looks like the MAC address that the licensing manager sees can changes when Cisco AnyConnect is active. So I guess that means I have to be careful to launch Unity with (or without) VPN and be consistent or it's going to complain.

The following is from the Unity.License.Client log file (found at path in https://forum.unity.com/threads/hub-3-0-0-cannot-activate-licenses.1223058/#post-7799481).

2022-07-11 23:53:46.124 - INFO - Unity.Licensing.EntitlementResolver.ContextBoundDataExtensions || MAC address 00:05:9a:3c:7a:00 not found on system!
    2022-07-11 23:53:46.124 - WARN - Unity.Licensing.EntitlementResolver.ContextBoundDataExtensions || The following fields of your context don't match:
    Legacy.MachineBinding5: License value (00:05:9a:3c:7a:00) != Current context (10:51:07:26:5f:53)
    2022-07-11 23:53:46.124 - ERROR - Unity.Licensing.EntitlementResolver.ContextBoundDataExtensions || Legacy MachineBinding validation failed.

Why on earth doesn't the license manager check against non-transient MAC addresses like the physical wifi or Ethernet MAC in the machine (whether or not it is in use)? This must be so frustrating for people who are unable to troubleshoot this.

In my case it might also be that the firewall is blocking the Unity executable (and I have no idea how to create an exception for that short of disabling the firewall entirely which might be the easiest thing to do for someone who is really stuck on this but not necessarily a secure option).

I believe Unity Hub is able to activate a license (it asked me if I wanted to allow it to use the network) but the Unity License Manager appears to be a different executable that doesn't receive that same network access and so it fails -- that's what let me down the path of manually getting a license from the Unity web site (as described here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/uni...ty-editor-license-found.1093978/#post-8010395)... Or something like that. I'm still figuring this out each time it stops working.

Harry-Wells likes this.
  6. SwillMith

SwillMith

IF ANYONE IS STILL SUFFERING FROM THIS ISSUE!!

When I initially installed I had the same issue. I restarted my laptop and when opening Unity Hub it asked if I wanted to allow it to use private or public networks or I could choose both. I'm at home so I'm using a private network and initially this boxed wasn't checked (when first installed and opened, it never popped up with this box to allow me to choose).

My assumption is that some bug meant it didn't show me that pop-up first time, so it wasn't able to retrieve a license on my home network. After checking that box and allowing access, requesting a license worked straight away

7. jiraphatK

jiraphatK

how to you trigger to show this allowing network prompt? I suspect that it is also the cause of the problem for one of my friend.

8. Michelangelos

Michelangelos

I keep testing that version and newer builds and the issue keeps happening.
    I just opened a bug report as well.
    Please someone helps fixing this nighmare problem that keeps happening to so many people over so many Unity Hub releases. Thanks!

9. rommel89

rommel89

actualice a la ultima version de unity hub y no me abre. ya van dos computadoras en diferentes lugares que no abre unity hub despues de actualizar a la ultima version. Se queda en la pantalla del logotipo

10. Michelangelos

Michelangelos

Same issue struggling to make this work I'm trying everything and nobody in Unity fixes this!!

11. ALEXWARELLC

ALEXWARELLC

Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Defender Firewall\Allowed applications

Go here. Click
    Change Settings

then
    Unity Hub
    . Click
    Network Types
    then click
    Public
    &
    Private
    . Click
    OK
    . This should let you through the firewall.

jiraphatK likes this.
  12. Spectralon

Spectralon

This worked for me and may work for others, who get the "Machine bindings don't match" error:

I killed all UnityHub processes in the task manager and deleted the file "C:\ProgramData\Unity\Unity_lic.ulf". At the next launch everything worked fine

Last edited: May 2, 2023
  13. demoundror

demoundror

%appdata% -> Unity Hub -> __installer.exe = install unity hub version 2.1.0 -> try to Activate Licenses