Search Unity

Hub 2.0 broke my license

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by bumbu, May 16, 2019.

1. bumbu

bumbu

Firstly, nothing happens when I start the Hub for the first time (Win10). Two processes are launched but window is never spawned. When I start it for the second time I get 3rd process and I see the window.

Now when I try to open existing project, I get error that I have no support for Android, I switch platform to Windows and see the personal license editor. Now I go to Unity Hub's License section which shows that I have Professional license with expiration date well in the future. If I try to return the license, the Hub hangs with "loading bar". Same thing with "check for updates". And if I try to activate my license again, it tells me that my serial number is invalid.

So basically Unity Editor thinks I have personal license and Unity Hub sees that I have professional license but whatever I try to do with that license, the Hub hangs...

Edit: I'm using 2018.3.0f2

2. bumbu

bumbu

It seems that Unity's license servers are having problems because the problem persists when reverted back to 1.3.2. So now I'm completely unable to work...

Scifer likes this.
  3. DanielTG

DanielTG

Can you please try to manage/revoke your licenses from your unity id account portal and re-activate again on your machine? If the Pro serial number is still reporting as invalid please contact support for assistance.

4. bumbu

bumbu

It seems that I had revoked the license few weeks before because there was issue with my 2 seats not working properly, however the Unity Editor stayed as Pro the whole time.

When I try to "manage license" from inside Unity, I get Loading... screen forever. Same if I try to revoke/refresh from unity hub.

I have tried removing Unity & Unity Hub folders in AppData and also tried to revert Hub to 1.3.2 and reinstalled to 2.0. It seems that Unity Hub cannot connect to license servers.

Edit: I can access all management sites with browser just fine and this happened right after upgrading Hub to 2.0.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  5. bumbu

bumbu

Now when I logged out and try to log back in, just blank white "Unity Hub Sign In" window.

Edit:

I got it working after a day of trying like this:
    1. Logout of Unity Hub (this seems to be important step)
    2. Exit Hub and kill all processes
    3. Delete Unity Hub folders in AppData/Roaming
    4. Start unity and log-in again
    5. Works!

If I did not logout before doing all that I was "logged in" and everything was stuck.

Last edited: May 17, 2019