Search Unity

Hub 0.18.0 - Editor Installation Failed

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by BlackPete, Jul 5, 2018.

1. BlackPete

BlackPete

I don't know whether this is a Hub issue, or a 2018.2 beta issue, so I'll post here first...

I get this whenever I try to download and install the latest Unity 2018.2 beta (2018.2.b11 as of this post). This has happened twice in a row.

For installation, I only have the core files checked. No documentation, no android/ios/etc. platforms, etc. Just the first (automatic) checkbox is checked. That's it.

upload_2018-7-5_9-15-1.png

2. DanielTG

DanielTG

Hi @BlackPete,

Thanks for the report. We're actively looking into this and it has been reported on other forums as well. It appears related to the Editor install. Can you confirm if your Editor install did in fact fail or completed successfully (despite the error)? We've heard about the later but worth confirming just in case.

Thanks
    Daniel

3. BlackPete

BlackPete

Hm, I'm not sure. Where would it normally install to? I wasn't given a choice to pick the install path.

I ended up downloading the b11 installer and installing it manually that way, and that succeeded. However, I let it pick the default path for me (C:/Program Files/Unity 2018.2.0b11), so if the Hub was going to use that as well, then I can't verify that now.

4. DanielTG

DanielTG

Ok no worries. We'll sort it out :) The default Editor install path in the Hub depends if you've modified it or not (the Gear Icon, next to My account).

Thanks for the quick reply,
    Daniel