Search Unity

HTTPS Communications Options

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by LM-CML, Feb 5, 2019.

1. LM-CML

LM-CML

Looks like you guys are using npm as the underlying foundation for the Unity Package Manager.

Can you have upm expose the ability to disable strict-ssl or allow custom certificate authorities certificates?

Thank you

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    JjSilva likes this.
  2. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @LM-CML,

We used to have *npm* as the underlying foundation. We are not anymore (started from Unity 2018.3). I was not aware *npm* had these configurations. I assume they are useful in a corporate environment? Can you details the use case where those options would be helpful please? I want to understand the value so I can better prioritize the development of these options.

Thank you!

Pascal

3. LM-CML

LM-CML

Yeah, I saw you guys have a blurb about self-signed certificates in the network configuration section. My use case is pretty much the same thing but in a corporate environment.

All of our http/https is routed through a proxy and the proxy manipulates the SSL certificates presented by the responding servers.

Our normal practice (for things like git, docker, npm) is to insert our trusted corporate certificate authority, this would be ideal for upm as well.

Especially since Unity is going heavily into the package/module direction. We can't take advantage of things like Cinemachine or anything not in the built-ins

We've also been unable to communicate with the Unity license servers for a few years now, but that's a whole other (but similar) issue.

Thank you for the quick response

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    MaggerFabio and JjSilva like this.
  4. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

This is really helpful information. And it will help get the implementation of this feature promoted to the top of our backlog :)

I'll post here if/when we have something new about this feature.

Thank you!

Pascal

5. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

We plan to implement the configuration of custom certificate authorities. The feature was added to our backlog and prioritize for the short term.

Regards,

Pascal

JjSilva and LM-CML like this.
  6. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

LM-CML likes this.
  7. LM-CML

LM-CML

Works great! Thanks to you and your team for getting that into the new version so quickly.

Edit: Any way we can pass the word on to the Hub, Licensing, or other teams? Git and Curl have Windows SSPI and schannel support on their Windows ports.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  8. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

@LM-CML ,

Glad it works! :)

I'll pass the word around to the other teams :)

Pascal