Search Unity

[HTML5/WebGL] Gamepad on your smartphone

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by Freank, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Freank

Freank

Hi Guys!
    I already talked here about our project, indiexpo.
    We added a new feature for the HTML5/WebGL Games made with Unity.

Basically it allow you to play your game with your phone (like a gamepad) thanks to an app : this.
    When you start a game on the website, you can scan a QR code and link the app to the game.

To integrate it inside your Unity game (in html5/WebGL), you don't need any code or plugin.
    Easy and fast.

Just use the arrow keys, + 3 other keys, export to HTML5/WebGL, upload the zip and your're done.

You can see a working game here.

Hope you'll enjoy

p.s. it's only the first step. We have big plan about it.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  2. sokki

sokki

I wouldn't say this feature is new, however, I'd say its great to see your site getting new features from time to time. Keep on the good work :)

But also, could I ask you what is the benefit if a developer implements your gamepad solution compared to releasing the game to mobile? And isn't connecting two devices (laptop to view the game, and mobile to play it) is kinda too demanding? I'm aware about expanding the marketing area and focus, since there are two devices hooked, but do you believe this idea will be common for the common player?

Cheers,
    Zoki.

p.s. I'm might testout playing few webgls these days, to see how it will perform.

3. Freank

Freank

Thanks Zoki! Your questions are all important. But it's only the first step. We have big plan about it (multiplayer, cross device and customization).

We just released a new version where you can switch the skin of your gamepad.
    Like this one:

We hope to see soon your games on the website! :)

sokki likes this.
  4. Freank

Freank

Hi guys! Nice news about the indiepad!
    We added a new feature: Add Player. So now, if you're playing at a multiplayer game, you can open the menù, click on Add Player... and your friends can scan the QR Code...and play together!
    No more gamepad in your bag. Just your smartphone.

Do you want to add your game?
    Very easy. No script and no plugin. You can upload your WebGL or Html5 and now you can set also the keys in the "Upload" page of indiexpo.
    Click on "Add Player" to set the second controller. (now you can set MAX 4 Players)
    Too easy and very fast ! :D

theANMATOR2b likes this.