Search Unity

HTC Vive Tracker - position issues

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by dmennenoh, May 21, 2017.

1. dmennenoh

dmennenoh

Using one of the new trackers for the Vive. I seem to have no idea how to properly set it up so that I can move an object using the tracker. I created a tracker game object and placed it as child of the main Camera Rig. To that trakcer object I attached a Steam VR tracked object script. The tracker is at 0,0,0 inside the rig, just like both controllers. I placed a sphere as a child of the tracker object, since I need to move a model around.
    When I play, the sphere/tracker rotates around just fine but motion seems damped, like a big motion in the real world translates to a much smaller motion in Unity. And the tracker is positioned behind my camera so I can't see it. It seems to be offset by some amount when I press play, but I'm not sure why.
    Any help is much appreciated. Supposed to show a wip demo tomorrow...

2. dmennenoh

dmennenoh

Nothing? Does anyone know of a good tutorial which explains getting a Vive tracker working in Unity?

3. dmennenoh

dmennenoh

OK, I finally got it working by rerunning room setup. Not entirely sure why that did the trick since the headset seemed fine, but everything is working nicely now. Whew.

4. ganu07

ganu07

Hey,could you explain me how do i use the tracker because i have also got one and dont know how to use

5. dmennenoh

dmennenoh

That's a pretty general question... what about it is not working?

6. Mica-Noise

Mica-Noise

I had the same issue. The tracker has been rightly calibrated in the preview window, but as soon as the game started the position was off.
    I don't know why but I solved it by adding the component Steam VR_Behaviour_Pose to the object. I left the Steam VR_Tracked Object component set with the correct Index Device (HMD always connects to the headset) but deactivated it (unchecked the box). It doesn't make any sense, but it works.
    PS: Steam VR eliminated the Steam VR_Controller. So no need to set it to the camera rig.