Search Unity

HTC Vive performance issues - left and right eye are not synchronized and stutter + strange light

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Alex_U, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Alex_U

Alex_U

Hi,

I am using Unity for a few weeks now and got a HTC Vive. I've created a scene in linear color space with a 5m x 5m room, some furniture, 9 light sources, realtime GI + light probes and a reflection probe.

2 problems occured:

1. The scene runs really smooth in the preview window -> on HTC Vive it is stuttering. I did a few VR projects with Oculus DK2 and a different engine before, but bit I didn't notice back then that kind of stuttering. It isn't just a frame drop. Both eyes aren't syncronized during medium speed movement.

2. I've noticed a big color mismatch between Unity Editor/Gamepreview and the final HTC Vive build.
    Colors in the editor: bright and vivid - colors HTC: much darker. Please see the image attached.

Do you have a clue whats wrong? Is there something wrong with the scene setup or is the scene just to heavy for VR?

Attached Files:

2. thep3000

thep3000

Unity Technologies

Not aware of any issues of this type, can you submit a bug report and we'll take a look?

3. Alex_U

Alex_U

Hm, I already wrote an answer, but it seems to be gone.
    I've solved these issues on my own. The old UV mapping looked fine, but after optimizing the UV islands, the issues were gone.

4. Vegetables

Vegetables

Thanks!