Search Unity

1. Check out our Unite Austin 2017 YouTube playlist to catch up on what you missed. More videos coming soon.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2017.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Unity Gear Store is here to help you look great at your next meetup, user group or conference. With all new Unity apparel, stickers and more!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Introducing the Unity Essentials Packs! Find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Unity 2017.3 beta is now available for download.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Get hired in VR/AR: Unity partners with Udacity on Nanodegree program credentials to help you get hired! Read more on and get started on our blog here.

HTC Vive field of vision slightly narrower than reality?

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by roberteker, Oct 12, 2017 at 2:57 PM.

1. roberteker

roberteker

We visualize CAD drawings and one of them recently got manufactured and part of the feedback we got is that it felt bigger in reality than in VR.

We have measured 1m+ long items in VR versus reality using the Vive controllers and they measure up fine, but the feeling from some is apparently that VR produces a slightly more cramped image than reality.

Anyone else noticed this, or is it our setup which needs adjusting somehow?

(I will also try to ask this in Valve's official SteamVR forum.)

2. LaneFox

LaneFox

I think 1:1 content always feels larger / more correct in reality since your natural FoV gives you so much more context and is what you perceive as normal anyway.

3. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

All the items in our game is scaled 1:1 to reality and they do feel smaller than IRL. I guess it's many factors that count here like distance to face etc