Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

HTC vive controller issue

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Hatdatsat, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Hatdatsat

Hatdatsat

Hello All,

So I have been building a project in the vr lightweight renderpipeline and I'm using the native unity to communicate with the htc vive (so no assets from the asset store) and I have it running properly the everything is fine until the lighthouses and the headset lose connection for a bit (i have 2 lighthouses) when this happens everything reconnects and it looks like everything is fine the headset moves around like it does normally and the controllers move like normal again aswell but at this point my unity doesn't recognize the input of the controller anymore.

I have used the input menu to define the controllers the way it is done here: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/OpenVRControllers.html

So my question is is there a solution for this? Right now I have hit play again to fix it but if I build the app the app has to be rebooted to recognize the controller input again

T

Attached Files:

2. MHDante

MHDante

This is happening to me too on a blank project. I think that it's an issue with the most recent version of SteamVR, as for me, you are unable to press the System Button after the error occurs.

3. MHDante

MHDante

4. MHDante

MHDante

5. MHDante

MHDante

Alright. Last post, I promise. When I plugged the controller into the pc using the microusb cable, it determined that the firmware was out of date. I think this fixed it. I will come back if the problem is not yet solved.