Search Unity

HTC Desire HD - problem of choice

Discussion in 'Android' started by q7204k, Apr 10, 2012.

1. q7204k

q7204k

Hello everyone. I'm kinda new here (I've read a lot of posts, manuals etc, but still feel like a total beginner).

My "problem": I'm going to buy "HTC Desire HD" special for Unity3D tests and I never had a smartphone before (sad but true....). I must be sure - "HTC Desire HD" the right one :confused:
    Maybe there's some better alternatives or just some pitfalls in "HTC Desire HD".

You know.... not much money left, high hopes and etc, etc, etc. heh.

Thank you.

P.s. Sorry for my poor English.

P.P.s. "HTC Incredible S" =\

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  2. totti10

totti10

sure, HTC Desire HD is good....

if you have more money I suggest to buy HTC Desire S (with same 768 MB ram front camera), or HTC Sensation (with better gpu Adreno 220 GPU)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  3. nickavv

nickavv

You should get a Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Google sells the unlocked HSPA+ version for $350, which is honestly a steal off-contract.
    It's a good "middle of the road" phone, not a supercharged powerhouse, but not entry-level either. It's would be a good middle ground for game development, not to mention it gets its software updates directly from Google.

I have an HTC Droid Incredible 2 (American version of the HTC Incredible S), and while it's a nice phone in its own right, it's certainly showing its age.

EDIT: just saw that the original post was from April, so this advice is coming in a bit late. Still, anyone reading it now can take the same advice.

4. totti10

totti10

No, Galaxy Nexus have very high screen density but average gpu (that makes 3D rendering on this device is poor).

I suggest you should buy HTC Evo 3D, it has Adreno 220 (about roughly same performance as Mali-400MP4 and PowerVR 543).
    and most importantly, Evo 3D have 1GB RAM, because Android 4.0/ICS need 340MB to be reserved for linux kernel.

It cost $390 in my country, but out of stock :(

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  5. derkoi

derkoi

I use a Desire HD for testing along with a Nexus 7 on android. It's good to test on it because it's not the most powerful nor the weakest device, so you get a general idea of how your app is performing.

The Desire HD is my personal phone also.