Search Unity

Question How would you implement a Giant creatures POV?

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by ueharaitsuki, Jul 29, 2022.

1. ueharaitsuki

ueharaitsuki

I assume it would be the same POV if we are looking into a small objects like for example ants, mice... But how can we achieve this in unity's camera ? Do we just widen the vision of the camera ? or do we need to do other stuff ?

2. marc_tanenbaum

marc_tanenbaum

Unity Technologies

This really depends on what you're trying to achieve. What a giant creature perceives isn't a fixed set of features...it's an artistic interpretation of what you think that means to your player/audience.

For example, you might want to do a tilt-shift for this if the objective is to see how the giant perceives what's on the ground. Easily achievable with HDRP (though I'm not sure if there are performance implications).

Or you might want to think about things like limits (or centering) of the camera angle. I'd say that a kindly giant would have their field of view centered near the ground, not wanting to step on people, whereas an evil (or just careless) monster would center their view higher, looking for threats from rival kaiju or attacks from a hopelessly outmatched human military.

Might be able to offer more if you can be a touch more precise about what you're trying to accomplish.

gaborkb likes this.
  3. ueharaitsuki

ueharaitsuki

@marc_tanenbaum Thanks for the very detailed input Marc !
    To be honest I still don't know what I need to achieve but I think centering the camera angle is a good start.
    Any suggestions/tips would really help alot!