Search Unity

How would I create an EditorWindow similar to AnimationController?

Discussion in 'Immediate Mode GUI (IMGUI)' started by Supremacy037, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Supremacy037

Supremacy037

Hello, first thread. I tried Googling for tutorials but haven't been able to find a whole lot when it comes to writing custom editors and windows beyond what's in the Unity documentation, which covers some basics but not exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm trying to write a dialogue manager, but I want the window UI similar to how the AnimationController looks - with a Grid like background, where each different branch of the dialogue tree has a box.

So I want to be able to create a new Dialogue Tree, which will show up in the same vein as the "Pixelman" and "Pixelman_Walk" objects in the AnimationController. Then create links between them which would show up as arrows.

Is this kind of thing available using the GUI commands, or would i need to create/use custom textures to get this kind of thing accomplished?

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. TonyLi

TonyLi

Check out this forum post by one of the UT devs, complete with source code.

If you have the Dialogue System for Unity, you can dig into the source for another example that might be closer to what you're describing. It's in Scripts/Core/Editor/Dialogue Editor/Conversation Node Editor/. I just drew the grid and arrows with GL methods.

Veljo_Hagu and Supremacy037 like this.
  3. Supremacy037

Supremacy037

Dialogue System for Unity is almost exactly what I am trying to do. Now I just need to figure out what is worth more, $65 or hours and hours of pain and frustration trying to emulate a finished and proven product...

Thanks a bunch!!

4. TonyLi

TonyLi

Happy to help!

5. Cassos

Cassos

Soooooo... It's 2020... Were you able to find out some stuff? ^^

6. Long2904

Long2904

@TonyLi I also used GL to draw the arrow but it didn't work correctly. Can you check this post? For some reason, my arrow's y coordinate was not correct.

7. ramofojabuka

ramofojabuka