Search Unity

How would a lowpoly 3rd person shooter Multiplayer game with vehicles work on mobile?

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by CyberInteractiveLLC, Nov 25, 2017.

1. CyberInteractiveLLC

CyberInteractiveLLC

As i don't have much experience playing mobile games, would such game run smoothly?

2. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

You can do anything if you set your mind to it.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  3. CyberInteractiveLLC

CyberInteractiveLLC

my question is more of a technical inquiry, i'm just asking if a game like i mentioned would be possbile to run on current mobile phones?

4. TonyLi

TonyLi

Try some out so you can decide for yourself whether they run smoothly or not. Forces of Freedom and Shadowgun: Deadzone would be a good start.

theANMATOR2b and LMan like this.
  5. nat42

nat42

It's your job to decide how to make it work and whether a design will/can, "lowpoly 3rd person shooter Multiplayer game with vehicles" is way too little information to go off of.

Perhaps questions you should be asking yourself might be like: How flexible/scalable is the game design, if you do hit performance issues during development? How likely is it that your team can optimise the game to get the most from the target hardware? What does the design require in terms of resources?

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  6. LMan

LMan

Researching the competition first is good common sense.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  7. Refeuh

Refeuh

If the question is "feasibility", i.e. "could it work", checking existing games shows that there are advanced action/combat and driving games on mobiles. It already exists, therefore it is for sure possible.

If the question is "practicality", i.e. "how does it work", the question is too open-ended for a constructive answer. Creating such games requires expertise in all disciplines : design, art, tech, etc. but also a thorough understanding of the target hardware to keep performance in mind as a strict constraint during all phases of the project. The knowledge involved cannot be summarised in a few forum posts.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  8. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Yes it is within the realm of the possible. Whether you are up to the task of making it yourself is the more important question. You're going to need to do a lot deeper investigation on what it would take to realize your vision before you know if it is reasonable for you to be able to make your game.