Search Unity

How to you set the launch resolution on windows store?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by arkon, Apr 2, 2015.

1. arkon

arkon

I'm using Unity 4.6.4 targeting Windows store 8.1but when the app runs it always starts at some daft number like 740 x 540

Screen.SetResolution doesn't seem to do anything as i call it at startup with 1024 x 768 and the app ignores it. Any ideas? What res should a windows store app start at? Should it be full screen or are they all supposed to be windowed?

2. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

Initial resolution is set by the system.
    By calling Screen.SetResolution() you can change the only resolution game is rendering. Also, do this only when Unity is already initialized (in should work fine in Start(), but I wouldn't recommend Awake()).

3. arkon

arkon

thanks I'll try it

4. TooManySugar

TooManySugar

Should this work when running the build on VS? Because to me it does not. I was using Screen.resolution in my steam version and was working right but in VS does not work so I was asuming does not work as happens in unity editor. Do I've to sideload it to certify it works?

Targeting WSA8.1 (unity 4.7.2)

5. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

I believe WSA 8.1 did not allow you change window size, just the rendering resolution.

6. TooManySugar

TooManySugar

Yeah, I build package, sideloaded and as you say I managed to change resolution but the window size I had to manually adjust and does not maximize :\